Skitch 2.0: Please bring back "Hide Dock Icon"

freewizard

Idea

21 replies to this idea

Besides the updates included today, we are looking into bringing back the menu bar icon for users who like to keep a clean dock.

If you're copacetic with the dock icon, it actually provides the same functionality as the menu bar icon--albeit with "press and hold" rather than a single click. This may work for some users though, so it's worth pointing out. I've been using it with Skitch 2.0 minimized and it works quite well.

Thanks for looking into this. Please do so quickly. The alternative is to build the functionality into Evernote directly and be done with the separate app. (As long as you don't force me to keep Evernote open all the time too to make it work).

And just to say it... "press and hold" is nowhere near as convent as "click"...

Cheers!

Hello,

i had the same problem. i always wanted to stay at sktich cause of evernote, but since yesterday monosnap integrated evernote and it´s like 100 times faster uploading too!

Use monosnap instead of sktich.

This worked great!

I wonder if you'd mind please sending a screen shot of what the entry in the plist file should look like?  The instructions on the page to which you have provided the link are unclear (to me) as I can't see any checkbox to mark as the instructions say to do.

Try using an editor to open the plist, such as Plistedit Pro.

This worked great!

I wonder if you'd mind please sending a screen shot of what the entry in the plist file should look like?  The instructions on the page to which you have provided the link are unclear (to me) as I can't see any checkbox to mark as the instructions say to do.

TIA

Since this was bumped, I did want to confirm that the menu bar icon made a return, quite a bit ago :)

The issue was not with the menu bar icon but the possibility to remove Skitch from the dock.

Besides the updates included today, we are looking into bringing back the menu bar icon for users who like to keep a clean dock.

If you're copacetic with the dock icon, it actually provides the same functionality as the menu bar icon--albeit with "press and hold" rather than a single click. This may work for some users though, so it's worth pointing out. I've been using it with Skitch 2.0 minimized and it works quite well.

I like the skitch integration with evernote, 2.0 is really excellent.. however this simple feature of showing it only in the toolbar, and hiding it from the dock is missing for me. As I want to have skitch always around I do not want to alt-tab to it, but accessing it with keyboard shortcuts. Putting it to the dock makes just an application, but for me skitch is a basic tool..

Please add the possibility to show it in the toolbar only. Thank you!

2.0 is horrible. There's no way I'm going to use it if I can't have it only in the menu bar. Also, I've very disappointed you can no longer upload your images to your own FTP — I'm looking for the previous version. I already removed 2.0 version with http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Download older version here: http://www.macupdate...ac/27134/skitch

Evernote is more powerful than anything you could do on your FTP site. Try it for awhile, you'll realize you're not actually giving anything up.

2.0 is horrible. There's no way I'm going to use it if I can't have it only in the menu bar. Also, I've very disappointed you can no longer upload your images to your own FTP — I'm looking for the previous version. I already removed 2.0 version with http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Download older version here: http://www.macupdate...ac/27134/skitch

Thanks for this! Downloading now! This version is definitely a step backwards... Why would you remove features from the app?! Bizarre!

Came here to post this! Skitch is awful without being a menu bar app! Please tell us that this is going to be put back in! Skitch isn't really much use to me unless it's easily accessible from the menu bar (And have it removed from the dock entirely...).

Archived