Can't get Web Clipper for Safari to install

Samch

Hi,

I'm new to Evernote and can't seem to get the Web Clipper installed.

I have OS X version 10.7.4 and Safari version 6.0.

I click to download it from here (http://evernote.com/webclipper/). It downloads fine as "Evernote.1.0.0.safariextz". But when I click it it gives me this "Safari can't install this extension. An error occurred while installing the extension “Evernote Web Clipper”." I've tried like 20 times, to no avail. (hmmm... isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results??... :P )

I've perused the support topics and the forum and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem and a way of fixing it. I fell like I'm missing something very obvious...

Any help from you gurus would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

~Sam~

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It appears that user who have downloaded Evernote for Mac from the Appstore are being blocked from installing. We'll look for a fix for this. In the meantime the best workaround is to re-install Evernote for Mac from www.evernote.com

Thank you for your reply.

I did uninstall the App from Itunes and then reinstalled Evernote for MAC from your website, but that had not fixed the problem.

Interestingly, I can use Evernote web clipper no problem on my desktop, but I cannot get it to work on my laptop.

I will try the solution you suggested again, however, just in case I got it wrong. (It happens!)

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thx NimueLa for testing it out. We are not yet sure why this happens and we are investigating it. 

Still not working for me.

Deleted installation from App store. Reinstalled EN from Evernote website. Went ok. When installing web clipper I get to download the extension, clic install but nothing happens. Restarted Safari. No clipper button on top right corner. 

Any clue?

Safari 6.0.2

Mountain Lion 10.8.2

• 8 months later...

Having the same problem installing Evernote Web Clipper on Safari "An error occurred while installing the extension “Evernote Web Clipper”.

I haven't got the app so have nothing to uninstall.. Any help appreciated.

Max OS X Version 10.7.5

Safari 6.1

• 1 month later...

same error - other extensions are installing fine.  have deleted all ext from library and re-tryed - no change - reboot doesnt help either.

mavericks

Version 7.0.1 (9537.73.11)

when i do get it installed it only lasts a few weeks before it disappears again....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having the same problem. Tried it four times and gave me the same error message. 

I haven't downloaded evernote on the mac so the error message caused by the downloading of evernote through the apple store doesn't apply. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying unsuccessfuly for weeks to install web clipper for safari.  I've downloaded directly from evernote website (which is extremely slow BTW).  The error just says 'cannot be installed' .. no help whatsoever.  Very frustrating and ruining a good application.   I'm getting so frustrated I may look for an alternative.

i do these steps (from another extensions tech support) - it seems to work fine...

you could give this a try:

In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder… from the menu bar.

Copy and paste the following path into the input box and then press Return:

~/Library/Safari

Drag both the Extensions and Database folders to your Desktop.

Then restart Safari and check if you can install the 1P4 browser extension or any others.

(ps i'm not responsible for what happens - this is just copy and paste :) :) )

I typically have to fix extensions in safari at least once a month - sad really.  but it seems to be completely a safari issue - because all my extensions are get corrupted - not just evernote. 

• 1 year later...

Thx NimueLa for testing it out. We are not yet sure why this happens and we are investigating it. 

Hi jbignert,

have you found out why we cannot open web clipper in Safari?

I GOT:

Macbook Air: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1

Safari: Version 9.0.1

STEPS I HAVE TAKEN:

1.downloaded EVN from https://evernote.com/products/

2. downloaded web clipper from https://evernote.com/webclipper/

3. tried to open downloaded web clipper, but only got "Safari can’t install this extension. An error occurred while installing the extension Evernote Web Clipper.”

4. uninstalled EVN

5. repeated steps 1.-4. several times

Still won't work.

Please please please get this fix. My productivity is suffering :( Thank you very much.

UPDATE:

I GOT:

Macbook Air: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1

Safari: Version 9.0.1

NEW STEPS I HAVE TAKEN:

1.downloaded EVN from https://evernote.com/products/

2. downloaded web clipper from https://safari-extensions.apple.com

3. restarted safari

Web clippers works perfectly now.

Archived