(Archived) Highlight text function

All I want for Christmas is to be able to highlight text in my note entries from Windows or MacOS based Evernote platforms. I believe there is an option for this on the toolbar using the iPAD. However, on the computer based programs, you only have the option to change the color of the text.

Someone get this on the next Evernote software update pleeeeeeease.

post-104873-0-43316300-1348092965_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

The forum is fine to post your ideas and suggestions. This one's been suggested before (and you can probably find those threads using the forum's search), and Evernote are very aware of the request.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After hearing so many good things about Evernote, was surprised to find it did not yet have this basic functionality. I would have thought this would have been a feature from Version 1.0! Have been impressed by enough other features that I am sticking with Evernote for now, but highlighting will be a necessity for me at some point. Hoping it gets implemented soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, please! Why won't they give us this one simple function! Surely it can't hurt to add it and it would bring in a lot of users from services like Diigo. Surely we're reaching critical mass on this request, it's time for them to address it. I'm a Premium subscriber, this is one feature I feel we deserve, and quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Y-E-S !!!   Power to the People!  Evernote ROCKS.  Highlighter function is now here!!!

Is it? I can't find it in my Evernote web or Evernote desktop version.

It is not available in either the web client or the Windows client.

Ok Evernote - like so many others I have been a very vocal and very public supporter/advocate of all humanity using Evernote. All I wanted for Xmas was my Windows and Web highlight text tool.

But no.

Instead... you roll it out where.... every OTHER Platform first ??  C'mon folks -   At least give us an ETA for  Web/Windoze  text highlighting. 

Y-E-S !!!   Power to the People!  Evernote ROCKS.  Highlighter function is now here!!!

Is it? I can't find it in my Evernote web or Evernote desktop version.

It is not available in either the web client or the Windows client.

Then it's not available.  Aren't  Windows/Web the  #2,#1 most-used platforms, respectively?   At one time that was true.  But no matter - those are the two platforms many of us use.   Disappointing at best. 

Archived