(Archived) iPhone camera zoom not working in Evernote app?

I recently updated Evernote on my iPhone to the latest version and it seems that I can no longer use the digital zoom feature if I try to take a photo within Evernote, whereas this feature worked in my old version of Evernote. Was this feature taken out of Evernote? Or is there some setting that I need to tweak?

• Level 5*

I recently updated Evernote on my iPhone to the latest version and it seems that I can no longer use the digital zoom feature if I try to take a photo within Evernote . . .

Yep, I can confirm this undesirable feature.

This is one of the many reasons that I almost never use the Evernote Snapshot feature directly. The biggest issue I have is that EN does NOT provide an option for reducing image resolution, and therefore file size, before storing the image in EN. As a result you get images that require many MB of storage that need only take a few KB.

Rather, I use a 3rd party EN Trunk app to take the snapshot and send to Evernote.

• 1 month later...

I recently updated Evernote on my iPhone to the latest version and it seems that I can no longer use the digital zoom feature if I try to take a photo within Evernote . . .

Yep, I can confirm this undesirable feature.

This is one of the many reasons that I almost never use the Evernote Snapshot feature directly. The biggest issue I have is that EN does NOT provide an option for reducing image resolution, and therefore file size, before storing the image in EN. As a result you get images that require many MB of storage that need only take a few KB.

Rather, I use a 3rd party EN Trunk app to take the snapshot and send to Evernote.

What app? I need to find something, since their built-in camera is so screwed up, and they still start with the oldest photos when importing from Camera Roll.

Archived