(Archived) Portable/Offline version another take

xanadu

I know there are so many threads asking for a portable version for windows and offline notebooks on android (for free users). I understand development gets driven by demand and there may still be not much demand for this, plus the overhead of maintaining another version and making it behave across platforms is not worth the efforts. What I would suggest is a readonly .exb viewer for windows and android. It should be such that incase required you can copy your .exb file to a pendrive/android and be able to view it in read only mode. No sync, no edit just a plain viewer. Not sure if that's practical.

regards,

Xanadu

I know there are so many threads asking for a portable version for windows and offline notebooks on android (for free users). I understand development gets driven by demand and there may still be not much demand for this, plus the overhead of maintaining another version and making it behave across platforms is not worth the efforts. What I would suggest is a readonly .exb viewer for windows and android. It should be such that incase required you can copy your .exb file to a pendrive/android and be able to view it in read only mode. No sync, no edit just a plain viewer. Not sure if that's practical.

regards,

Xanadu

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a concern that it would require users to handle and manage .exb files. One of the benefits of Evernote is that you don't have to wade through a file system.

Archived