(Archived) HOWTO: Share just a note where both users can edit

I'm using Evernote for Mac OSX Lion and Android, and I'm using with David Allen's GTD system. I want to be able to share certain information with my husband, but the problem is we both organize our information differently.

I have very few notebooks (Inbox, Actions, Active Projects, Deferred, Reference) and it doesn't make any sense in the system to add extra notebooks just for sharing. I'd love to share individual notes with him that I have organized in my system as makes sense for me, and then he can organize them in his system as makes sense for him, and we can both edit them.

But it looks as though this isn't possible. Can somebody please tell me I'm wrong?

(We've tried sharing notebooks in the past, but since you can't organize a shared notebook in any of your own stacks, there's no way for us both to have them organized in a way that makes any sense.)

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I have very few notebooks (Inbox, Actions, Active Projects, Deferred, Reference) and it doesn't make any sense in the system to add extra notebooks just for sharing. I'd love to share individual notes with him that I have organized in my system as makes sense for me, and then he can organize them in his system as makes sense for him, and we can both edit them.

But it looks as though this isn't possible. Can somebody please tell me I'm wrong?

Sorry, but you are correct. AFAIK, there is no way to do what you want.

Evernote Sharing is very limited. You can't even search across Shared NBs, nor from your Account and Shared NBs.

You can't change the NB of a shared note.

The only option I see is for you and your husband to setup a Shared NB, and agree how to organize the notes within it using Tags and Titles. Others may have alternate suggestions.

Archived