FEEDBACK TEXT to SPEECH Notes

dbareis

Idea

Possibly applies elsewhere also but on my Android Phone when I create a text to speech note it generally does a a reasonable job of it but some of it can be quite cryptic.

I probably haven't got time to fix it up then and there, it would be nice if the audio note was attached, allowing me to review it and delete it myself once happy. I could do an audio note but there is no text to speech afterwards?

9 replies to this idea

Hi dbareis,

When I create a speech to text note, it normally attaches a recording as well as including the text.

Do you not get an attachment as well?

What version of Evernote are you using?

I will also move this to the Evernote section (we are in the knowledgebase right now ;)

Scott

When I create a speech to text note, it normally attaches a recording as well as including the text.

Do you not get an attachment as well?

What version of Evernote are you using?

I don't get an attachment, as a sanity check just created another one and still no attachment. Creating them on Android 4.1.1 with Evernote widget.

Latest market versions of all products:

• Evernote v4.2.1
  • Evernote Widget v2.0.4

If there is an option to attached the audio I haven't found it.

Thanks

Dennis

I have the same EN versions, but a lower Android version (4.0.3 - Not sure if the difference is a factor here) and it works here.

I tested the Widget and it works too.

What are your exact settings for the widget and I will try those.

Do you see the same behaviour if you create a speech to text note through EN, rather than the widget?

The STT sound files are stored here for me:

/mnt/storage/Evernote/user-99999999/Temp/stt_1347113005511.wav

Do you have any stored there?

Scott

Hi All,

The behaviour of speech to text may vary depending on the device. Capturing the wav file for instance is not supported everywhere and doesn't work on Nexus 7 for instance.

We'll continue working on this feature and improve the quality.

The device is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, OK looking forward to a future update but am struggling to work out how you can capture a steam of sound then convert it to speech but then not attache it (unless Google is doing all that for you I suppose) :-)

One very kludgy way to do it is to create a google voice note ("Note to self: testing testing beer me please") which google zaps to me by email with both trascription and audio file - then I have an email filter that sends all "note to self" subect emails to my EN email. Kludgy but effective (and one-touch as well). But I sure wish for a single-app solution for this on my nexus 4.

Has there been any followup on this topic ?

Can EN save the audio clip along with the transcription when using the Google-Now "Note to self" voice command in the same way as "Keep" can ? (totally hands-free note dictation)

Archived