Google Calendar

Help -

My favorite feature of evernote has stopped working. Everytime I created a new note in evernote the title of the note was the name of my meeting in google calendar. But this just stopped working. How do I get this to work again?

• Level 5

When you type in text into your note, the first line of your text will be converted to the title of the note.

That is standard behavior and it hasn't changed. Is that what you mean?

Thanks for the reply Wern!

What use to happen, is the moment I created a new note, the title of the note would defaulted to the name of the calendar event that was happening at that time. But now that doesn't happen :( At best the title is my current location.

• Level 5*

Check your options for "Auto-title in notes" (not a Pad user, so working a little in the dark here..) if that's ticked you'll get suggestions related to location and current activity; if it's not, Evernote keeps quiet. Works in my Android anyway..

On the ipad, iphone there is only one option. Suggested note titles (which is on) - says suggested note titles will use location, calendar and other information to suggest titles for your notes. It is only using location :(

• Level 5*

OK - highly technical, but tried and trusted potential fix here; try turning it off. Then wait a few hours / restart the pad and switch that option back on.. you might sneak up on it and surprise it into working again. Maybe.

Failing that, and any interventions by the iPad gurus amongst us, I'd suggest raising a support ticket to see if the Evernote Herd can help.

• 1 month later...

On the ipad, iphone there is only one option. Suggested note titles (which is on) - says suggested note titles will use location, calendar and other information to suggest titles for your notes. It is only using location :(

On my iphone and my android tablet, it often grabs the name of the most recent location, i.e. the last place I made a note before this one. It does record the correct location in the map link. If enough time (on the order of an hour or so) has passed since my last note, the current one will get the current location instead of the last location.

• 1 year later...

Archived