(Archived) Last releases, syncing (Mac & iOS) and conflicts

MarcoAix

Idea

Hello,

I'm using Evernote on my Mac and iPhone, both running the last EN updates. I enjoy the last enhancements but what's happening now :

- On the Mac :

1 - I use a note named "Inbox" where I write down a lot of stuff that I'll review and dispatch later. Before eg having to leave and turning my computer to sleep mode I click the sync button (really necessary). And it's been ok until the last release, but now I sometimes have this message that it's not connected, though my email and browser work perfectly... I then have to quit Evernote and relaunch to have it connected again. Something wrong !

2 - When I suspect a conflict (that is to say I detect missing lines) I look if the usual "Conflicts Notebook" has appeared. But now it sometimes doesn't and I was really confused and a bit angry at losing things till I discovered that - sometimes, why I don't know - a different version is simply added at the end of the note. And of course you can't see it if you note is long, and there's no warning too. I guess there's a very good reason for such a behavior, which is please... ?

- On the iPhone I have my Inbox note too, and I access it fast by a recorded search ; but now it's not possible to force syncing from within a note (or am I blind ?) and I need to get out of the note, then out of the search results, then go to eg "Notebooks", then access Settings to finally see the Sync Now button !

No need to say It has become unusable :-(

Maybe it'd be a good idea to have that Sync Now option simply added (inside the note view) to the "Send" icon ?

Or should I have to use a different soft only as an inbox note now ?

Marco

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hello,

I'm using Evernote on my Mac and iPhone, both running the last EN updates. I enjoy the last enhancements but what's happening now :

- On the Mac :

1 - I use a note named "Inbox" where I write down a lot of stuff that I'll review and dispatch later. Before eg having to leave and turning my computer to sleep mode I click the sync button (really necessary). And it's been ok until the last release, but now I sometimes have this message that it's not connected, though my email and browser work perfectly... I then have to quit Evernote and relaunch to have it connected again. Something wrong !

2 - When I suspect a conflict (that is to say I detect missing lines) I look if the usual "Conflicts Notebook" has appeared. But now it sometimes doesn't and I was really confused and a bit angry at losing things till I discovered that - sometimes, why I don't know - a different version is simply added at the end of the note. And of course you can't see it if you note is long, and there's no warning too. I guess there's a very good reason for such a behavior, which is please... ?

- On the iPhone I have my Inbox note too, and I access it fast by a recorded search ; but now it's not possible to force syncing from within a note (or am I blind ?) and I need to get out of the note, then out of the search results, then go to eg "Notebooks", then access Settings to finally see the Sync Now button !

No need to say It has become unusable :-(

Maybe it'd be a good idea to have that Sync Now option simply added (inside the note view) to the "Send" icon ?

Or should I have to use a different soft only as an inbox note now ?

Marco

Hi Marco. Welcome to the forums.

I have not seen #1. I recommend contacting customer support for this (see the link in my signature).

#2 I have reported this as well, but I do not know when the behavior changed, why, or even how conflicts get created (sometimes, when only using one device). One problem is that the conflicted message appears appended to the bottom of the note, and it might be several days before I discover it. By that time, everything is a hopeless muddle. My pet theory (just pure speculation) is that the note history (past versions of the note) is mistakenly overriding the current version. For those of you who want to know if you have any of these hidden conflicts in your account, search for "Conflicting modification on" (with the quotation marks). I have four left to sort out.

#3 I agree that we ought to have some way to pull down and force a sync. I would also like to have control over the sync settings, because I would like to be able to turn off the automatic syncing.

Hello GrumpyMonkey,

Thanks for the Welcome.

I'll have to try your "Conflicting modification on" tip again (no results today). Too bad there are more sync issues than before.

I don't know if developers at Evernote are aware of what's pointed in the forums : I'll contact the support if no solution comes, but I'm not sure to be heard...

Archived