(Archived) Evernote Widget in OSX Dashboard

Idea

Hi everyone,

I have widgets on my OS X dashboard that allow me to take short notes. I mainly use it for short things I need to keep in mind, e.g. "Buy eggs & bred", or some movie people told me about which was good and I want to watch once i get the time to do so. Unfortunately, these "memos" are only in my dashboard, and not synced to any other device. So if I am standing in the super market, I might not remember what I had to buy.

It would therefore be really nice, if it was possible to have an evernote-widget for the OS X dashboard, where I would be able to take notes that are then synced to my evernote account. I would like to suggest the following possible solution:

In the dashboard, you can click "Add Evernote Memo", and a sticky note (see pic below) is added to the dashboard.

Sticky%2BNotes.jpg

Now, everything that is written on the first sticky note is stored in a note in evernote called "Dashboard Stickynote 1". If you add a second sticky note to your dashboard, its content will be saved to "Dashboard Stickynote 2", etc. If you remove the sticky note from the dashboard, the note is also removed from evernote.

What do you think about my suggestion?

cheers!

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi everyone,

I have widgets on my OS X dashboard that allow me to take short notes. I mainly use it for short things I need to keep in mind, e.g. "Buy eggs & bred", or some movie people told me about which was good and I want to watch once i get the time to do so. Unfortunately, these "memos" are only in my dashboard, and not synced to any other device. So if I am standing in the super market, I might not remember what I had to buy.

It would therefore be really nice, if it was possible to have an evernote-widget for the OS X dashboard, where I would be able to take notes that are then synced to my evernote account. I would like to suggest the following possible solution:

In the dashboard, you can click "Add Evernote Memo", and a sticky note (see pic below) is added to the dashboard.

Sticky%2BNotes.jpg

Now, everything that is written on the first sticky note is stored in a note in evernote called "Dashboard Stickynote 1". If you add a second sticky note to your dashboard, its content will be saved to "Dashboard Stickynote 2", etc. If you remove the sticky note from the dashboard, the note is also removed from evernote.

What do you think about my suggestion?

cheers!

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

Would something like Sticky Notes (http://trunk.evernote.com/app/sticky-notes/windows) fit your needs?

Hi Grumpy Monkey, thanks for your prompt answer.

Unfortunately, the Sticky Notes you mention are for windows. I am looking for something for Mac, and in particular for a solution that would allow Evernote-Sticky notes on the OSX Dashboard, like in the picture below

tumblr_m6ng2lCosa1qc9pmd.png

I would appreciate if the content of such sticky notes would then be automatically stored in an evernote-note.

Did I explain my idea in a comprehensive way? ;)

• Level 5*

Hi Grumpy Monkey, thanks for your prompt answer.

Unfortunately, the Sticky Notes you mention are for windows. I am looking for something for Mac, and in particular for a solution that would allow Evernote-Sticky notes on the OSX Dashboard, like in the picture below

tumblr_m6ng2lCosa1qc9pmd.png

I would appreciate if the content of such sticky notes would then be automatically stored in an evernote-note.

Did I explain my idea in a comprehensive way? ;)

Hi. It makes sense to me. I don't know of any application like this for the Mac, and I mentioned that app to see if it was something like what you are suggesting. Perhaps the developers of Sticky Notes would like to make one for Mac. You could always ask them :)

I would like the same for my mac. :D

With all respect for @Jackolicious the  Quick Note feature isn't the same, and it's not what I'm looking for. But it's a cool feature.

I want to use the Dashboard om mac together with Evernote.

Archived