(Archived) YouTube videos in Evernote notes

I used the Web Clipper to save a YouTube video in Evernote and I get the following as my note. Does this mean that I can only save URL's to YouTube videos in Evernote and note the actual video in a note? I'd like the note to show a youtube window and all I have to do is click play.

post-89312-0-23665200-1346351878_thumb.p

Use keepvid to download from youtube and then add the video to your note as the wonderful BnF suggests.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was ok to mention Keepvid on the board...since that's kind of a gray area wrt copyright issues. :rolleyes:

There's no copyright issue involved with discussing this. There is no copyright issue involved with posting videos on YouTube except when posting those videos is in violation of copyright. This is why YouTube and Vimeo have millions of videos posted. Those that violate copyright are removed. It would be illegal to download those videos just as it is illegal to post them in the first place if you don't own the copyright. In the same manner there is no issue in downloading a video and embedding it in your note (as you can do in Adobe Collage) unless you do so in violation of the same copyright laws that would prevent you from posting it on YouTube in the first place

There absolutely are copyright issues involved. Just because you see a video posted, doesn't mean it's not illegal. Videos regularly get pulled ALL THE TIME from these websites due to copyright issues. Additionally, if I create my own video & post it to YouTube/Vimeo, that does not mean I have authorized you to keep a copy of my video on your computer. All I have authorized you to do is WATCH my video.

This is now OT and the topic should really be dropped,.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Evernote: are you working on this? such a simple thing to enable, embedding the html from video hosting services (you tube, vimeo, etc) they still host and it it is their liability, TOS, eula,  for copyright not evernote's. etc.  

I warned you.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/23573-embedding-video-in-notes/?p=224526

But since you persist...

There is no way for you to know if this is easy or not to implement.  EN lives on many platforms.  If they implement something, it should sync & work flawlessly on all the platforms & devices.  Unless one is intimate with the EN code & any syncing/platform/device issues, stating something is "easy to do" is simply a display of naivete. 

To add to that, it may simply be something EN has either relegated to a low priority or decided to not implement at all.

That's not even getting into the copyright issues.  And to quote my parents...just because so & so does it does not make it right.

I was looking for a response from Evernote. yours is an odd reply and did nothing to further the convo. this thread started over a year ago. 

delivering a video embed is common and yes, simple. lets be real. 

Its 2013 Evernote. Make this go away.

This is a users board & it's clear you failed to fully read or comprehend my reply. It's good to know you know what year it is though.

• 2 weeks later...

Evernote: are you working on this? such a simple thing to enable, embedding the html from video hosting services (you tube, vimeo, etc) they still host and it it is their liability, TOS, eula,  for copyright not evernote's. etc.  

I warned you.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/23573-embedding-video-in-notes/?p=224526

But since you persist...

There is no way for you to know if this is easy or not to implement.  EN lives on many platforms.  If they implement something, it should sync & work flawlessly on all the platforms & devices.  Unless one is intimate with the EN code & any syncing/platform/device issues, stating something is "easy to do" is simply a display of naivete. 

To add to that, it may simply be something EN has either relegated to a low priority or decided to not implement at all.

That's not even getting into the copyright issues.  And to quote my parents...just because so & so does it does not make it right.

I don't know what kind of insane power trip you are on, but you need to step off your high horse. I'm sure this is not the first time you've heard this type of statement during your time on this forum, or in your life overall.

I came to this particular thread because I, too, was looking for an official answer on whether video embedding was going to be implemented soon. I am also an experienced web develop and I CAN tell you how easy it is to add such a video. I can also tell you that if the cross-platform, compiled Evernote applications parse HTML (and I would be surprised if they didn't), then it would be just as easy to implement such a feature for those applications as well. You have no right to assume the level of education any given person has on a topic, and you certainly have no right to be so outrageously rude.

Lastly, embedding video is laughably not illegal. Literally laughable. I am laughing at you for being so naive as to think you have some sort of authority, here or otherwise, and believe that embedding video players is illegal.

I don't know what kind of people are enabling your behavior - perhaps it's out of pity or perhaps they see you as an unavoidable annoyance - but they need to stop; for your sake and for the sake of others seeking actual information.

I don't know what kind of insane power trip you are on, but you need to step off your high horse. I'm sure this is not the first time you've heard this type of statement during your time on this forum, or in your life overall.

I came to this particular thread because I, too, was looking for an official answer on whether video embedding was going to be implemented soon. I am also an experienced web develop and I CAN tell you how easy it is to add such a video. I can also tell you that if the cross-platform, compiled Evernote applications parse HTML (and I would be surprised if they didn't), then it would be just as easy to implement such a feature for those applications as well. You have no right to assume the level of education any given person has on a topic, and you certainly have no right to be so outrageously rude.

Lastly, embedding video is laughably not illegal. Literally laughable. I am laughing at you for being so naive as to think you have some sort of authority, here or otherwise, and believe that embedding video players is illegal.

I don't know what kind of people are enabling your behavior - perhaps it's out of pity or perhaps they see you as an unavoidable annoyance - but they need to stop; for your sake and for the sake of others seeking actual information.

It's sad when people read only the parts they want & ignore the rest of what's presented to them.

It's sad when people read only the parts they want & ignore the rest of what's presented to them.

Then you are the saddest of all, since you blatantly ignored everything I just said to you.

As a note, every time I see myself looking at Evernote and wondering if there is a way to do something, I immediately think of you and your terrible demeanor to those that ask questions. At the same time, I think less of Evernote and wonder how it could have ever succeeded with people like you acting as the forefront of customer interaction.

Then you are the saddest of all, since you blatantly ignored everything I just said to you.

As a note, every time I see myself looking at Evernote and wondering if there is a way to do something, I immediately think of you and your terrible demeanor to those that ask questions. At the same time, I think less of Evernote and wonder how it could have ever succeeded with people like you acting as the forefront of customer interaction.

Personal attacks are not tolerated on this board. If you continue in this vein, this thread will be locked.

Personal attacks are not tolerated on this board. If you continue in this vein, this thread will be locked.

I created this account just to make a point of your behavior towards others on this forum. A word of advice: do not belittle comments like mine (and I'm sure others have made similar comments), reducing them to unwarranted "personal attacks". These comments are reflections of your actions.

Lock this thread if you want (or if you even have the authority). My point has been made.

you_have_no_power_here_1099446685.jpg

Archived