(Archived) Help please. Note has gone blank/corrupt

I have been using a page in evernote on android (free) all today on my galaxy S3. I have been adding numbers and different things from hours of testing I was doing through out the day. I entered my last number, waited until saved (at least I thought I did) and restarted my phone because I had just updated something unrelated. I go back to evernote and I notice my last number is not there. I think "Oh well at least the others are there and I still remember it" so I go and try to enter the number but it says it is incompatible or something strange. so I look at the note again. All the other numbers are there. Then I think "I will try closing the app and reopening it" Well when I reopened it my note was blank!!! The title was still there but the note was still blank! I then went and checked on my laptop web version and it was blank there also.

Is there anyway to get this back? I saved throughout the day if that helps

Thanks!!!

*Edit*

Came across the note history thing only for premium members so I upgraded to premium and it only showed 1 copy which was the blank one! Does that mean I'm SOL? :'(

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forum, sorry for your loss. Sorry also that SOL is about where you are if you didn't save the note contents. Did you get a 'done' button at the bottom of your note when editing? If you hit that, then the note is saved to your phone. You can then wait for 20 minutes or so and the phone will sync automatically with the server, or you can start a manual sync immediately. You really should have hit 'done' and 'sync' before turning off your phone. If the note was still 'open' to edit when the phone went off you would have lost your data. There's an outside chance that something made it to your web-based client, but if you already checked your history then that apparently didn't happen. I could be supportive and positive at this point, but I guess you'll be busy beating your phone against a handy object for a while..

Hi - welcome to the forum, sorry for your loss. Sorry also that SOL is about where you are if you didn't save the note contents. Did you get a 'done' button at the bottom of your note when editing? If you hit that, then the note is saved to your phone. You can then wait for 20 minutes or so and the phone will sync automatically with the server, or you can start a manual sync immediately. You really should have hit 'done' and 'sync' before turning off your phone. If the note was still 'open' to edit when the phone went off you would have lost your data. There's an outside chance that something made it to your web-based client, but if you already checked your history then that apparently didn't happen. I could be supportive and positive at this point, but I guess you'll be busy beating your phone against a handy object for a while..

Thanks for the response and I was pretty heated earlier but I've cooled off now haha. Guess that's what happens when I don't know the program well yet. I've already started replacing what I did earlier and will finish the rest tomorrow. Back to work!

• Level 5*

That's the attitude. Practice a bit with it and you'll get the hang of the system. Syncing, backing up, and copy/pasting to new notes when modifying an important note (creating versions) will go a long ways toward keeping your data in good shape.

Archived