(Archived) Evernote Hurricane Prep

As I sit here in the path of the Hurricane and feel the effects of the front edge I find myself with less stress. Over the past year I have put all my important documents into Evernote and indexed as Grumpy Monkey suggests. So when the news casters said gather up all your insurance papers, birth and marriage certificates and insurance documents my wife looks at me and says we need to do that. I said done and held up my IPHONE. I have all of them in Evernote and they will be with us wherever we go and whatever happens. Awesome feeling of security washes over me :-) Thank you Evernote!!!

• Level 5*

As I sit here in the path of the Hurricane and feel the effects of the front edge I find myself with less stress. Over the past year I have put all my important documents into Evernote and indexed as Grumpy Monkey suggests. So when the news casters said gather up all your insurance papers, birth and marriage certificates and insurance documents my wife looks at me and says we need to do that. I said done and held up my IPHONE. I have all of them in Evernote and they will be with us wherever we go and whatever happens. Awesome feeling of security washes over me :-) Thank you Evernote!!!

Glad to know that I could be of help. I agree that it feels good to have everything safe and sound inside of Evernote, and that is one of its most appealing aspects.

One thing I have also done is to prepare an emergency bag (water, food, etc.) that contains an external hard drive with a copy of all my data, just in case. If zombies attack (probably only a little less likely than a hurricane where I live), I can just pick it up and go. Unfortunately, with a couple terabytes of data, I cannot get everything into Evernote quite yet (thousands of photographs, some home videos, thousands of PDFs, etc.), but all of my most important stuff is in there (I prioritized my uploads). In a worst-case scenario, I'd be just fine with nothing but an iPhone.

I hope the hurricane isn't too hard on you and that you and your family stay safe.

• Level 5*
So when the news casters said gather up all your insurance papers, birth and marriage certificates and insurance documents my wife looks at me and says we need to do that. I said done and held up my IPHONE. I have all of them in Evernote and they will be with us wherever we go and whatever happens. Awesome feeling of security washes over me :-) Thank you Evernote!!!

That is one of the huge benefits of Evernote.

I've very glad you were prepared, and hope everyone is safe and remains safe.

Archived