(Archived) Evernote Purchase Conditions

Hello there,

I'm about to become a Premium user, I just have a question before I take the step: If I sign in for a Premium membership - is there a minimum contract time? I mean: can I stop being a Premium member at any time or do I have to wait, say, a year to quit? I guess that depends on the payment mode I chose but I couldn't find any information about this on the site (also not in the terms of service) so I didn't want to go on with the process before knowing.

Thanks in advance (and sorry If I have simply overlooked an obvious thing).

Best, Julia

From what I understand, you can cancel at any time. However, the time period you previously paid for will remain in effect until it expires. IE, if you pay for a month today & cancel tomorrow, you will continue to have a premium account for the rest of the month you paid for. After the month is up, you will revert to a free account.

• Level 5*

Hello there,

I'm about to become a Premium user, I just have a question before I take the step: If I sign in for a Premium membership - is there a minimum contract time? I mean: can I stop being a Premium member at any time or do I have to wait, say, a year to quit? I guess that depends on the payment mode I chose but I couldn't find any information about this on the site (also not in the terms of service) so I didn't want to go on with the process before knowing.

Thanks in advance (and sorry If I have simply overlooked an obvious thing).

Best, Julia

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

Good question. I think BNF answered the question already, but I'll add a few things. There isn't a contract in the sense of recurring payments or anything like that. If you pay for a year, then Premium membership lasts for a year. If you pay for a month, it lasts for a month. Anything you upload, have OCR'd, etc. during your premium membership period will remain that way if you ever decide to stop being premium.

Finally, if you are not satisfied, Evernote will issue you a refund.

https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/KBResult.asp?searchFor=refund&button=Search

Thank you very much @BurgersNFries and @GrumpyMonkey, now it's much clearer.

Only one more question: if I want to pay monthly do I have to make a payment every month or is there some kind of standing order? And if I pay for a year, after that time I just go back to being a free user without having to cancel my Premium membership?

• Level 5*

Thank you very much @BurgersNFries and @GrumpyMonkey, now it's much clearer.

Only one more question: if I want to pay monthly do I have to make a payment every month or is there some kind of standing order? And if I pay for a year, after that time I just go back to being a free user without having to cancel my Premium membership?

My understanding is that your Premium account renews automatically every month (if you have chosen that plan) or every year (if you have chosen that one). Feel free to start a support ticket (see the link in my signature) to find out from Evernote employees! Of course, you will get an answer more quickly, and can even use the chat (very friendly folks running that) if you sign up for Premium first :)

Archived