(Archived) Lost all of my notebooks

cgentry

I downloaded Penultimate last year, and loved it. I don't recall being asked to sync my files to evernote (i have that too),

1) I was on itunes and accidently uninstalled all of my ipad apps.

2) Now that i have retored them, my penultimate files are empty.

3) How do I retrieve lost notebooks.

HELP!!!!

I rarely use Penultimate. But I'm guessing if you didn't backup your data in one form or another (cloud or other), that you will not be able to recover it, after accidentally deleting the apps. That's pretty much the way all apps are.

• Level 5*

I downloaded Penultimate last year, and loved it. I don't recall being asked to sync my files to evernote (i have that too),

HELP!!!!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I am not sure it is possible to restore the data from any app you delete from your iPad unless it saves to the cloud somewhere, or you have a backup on your computer. Because the first option is not possible, you may want to go into your computer and try to restore your iPad from a backup. This is one of those situations in which backups, Time Machine backups, and other redundancies come in handy.

• 8 months later...

HELP!!!!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I am not sure it is possible to restore the data from any app you delete from your iPad unless it saves to the cloud somewhere, or you have a backup on your computer. Because the first option is not possible, you may want to go into your computer and try to restore your iPad from a backup. This is one of those situations in which backups, Time Machine backups, and other redundancies come in handy.

I have tried to restore from the previous backup.  I can see the notebooks with the number of pages.  but when I open them, they are empty.

Archived