Premium shared notebook not updated (synced to) reliably by free accounts

This issue is platform agnostic. My friend and I keep a large shared notebook, of which I am the premium user sharing to his free account. Lately, for the past 2 weeks to be more specific, much of what he does is not syncing to the notebook. He will update a note on his iOS device (which has the latest client), and that note will either sync an hour later or not at all. We thought it might be a problem with the new iOS client that does live edits, so he decided to try it from his macbook pro Evernote client, updating a couple notes and hitting sync manually. Then we both looked for the updates on our side by syncing as well (I use a windows client, he checked on his phone). These updates never appeared either. He's had this happen several times and we're both frustrated at the inconsistency and time lost finding other ways to share our information.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hopefully you guys can point to some recent changes that may have broken this a bit and it will start working normally again soon, because it is a feature that I use constantly.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2 months later...

I am having similar problems. My boyfriend and I use it to keep grocery lists. I have the premium account and even my changes are not getting synced to his device. About a half hour ago I made changes to a note via my Macbook, saved the note, and hit the sync button. He just called to say that the changes are still not appearing on the note on his iPhone 4. I'm frustrated too - this syncing capability was one of the main reasons I upgraded.

This is not the first time this has happened, I can think of 2 other instances where the syncing was a definite problem from both of our iphones.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping this would get fixed in the most recent version, but it wasn't. I'm Premium, but my wife is not. All we want to share is a grocery list and a few other things like keeping track of Christmas gifts. If I can't do that, I have no reason to be Premium.

I am having the same problem.

I have a premium account, my wife a free account. We have one shared notebook.

When I add or update notes from my premium account, they are syncronised to her free account. But when she adds or modifies notes, I cannot see the changes in my account.

Makes it very difficult to rely on Evernote for sharing notes...

• 2 months later...

Same problem as the topic - I have a Free account and a Premium, bought the second exactly for the purpose of being able to propagate the changes from the Free one to the Premium. After spending a month making some changes on the Free side: renaming notebooks, moving notes between shared notebooks, editing the notes.. I realized the changes weren't propagated to the Premium side at all.
The support chat person proposed to copy/paste the changes from Free to Premium. Now, why would I buy the premium then, if I have to copy/paste everything manually?!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Has this been addressed?  I'm having the same problem.  With a premium account, I created a shared notebook and shared it with both free accounts and another premium account.  When the free account updates a note in the shared notebook, it isn't syncing.  When premium accounts update, it is syncing.  Is there a workaround or something else I should do?

• 2 months later...

I have having this same problem. Trying to share a grocery list note with my wife. I'm a premium member. She's a free member. I shared the grocery list note with her. She can see it, but changes done are either side aren't synced. Doesn't look like Evernote Support ever weighed in on this thread, and I found another related thread where there didn't seem to be any resolution either. See http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36940-how-to-get-the-shared-notebook-feature-to-work/

This seems like a big deal given EN's marketing of the sharing ability. I'm surprised no one from EN Support has commented. I'll open a ticket, but given how long ago this thread was started, I'm not hopeful for a resolution.

I have having this same problem. Trying to share a grocery list note with my wife. I'm a premium member. She's a free member. I shared the grocery list note with her. She can see it, but changes done are either side aren't synced. Doesn't look like Evernote Support ever weighed in on this thread, and I found another related thread where there didn't seem to be any resolution either. See http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36940-how-to-get-the-shared-notebook-feature-to-work/

This seems like a big deal given EN's marketing of the sharing ability. I'm surprised no one from EN Support has commented. I'll open a ticket, but given how long ago this thread was started, I'm not hopeful for a resolution.

I replied to your duplicate post here:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36940-how-to-get-the-shared-notebook-feature-to-work/?p=252164

Archived