(Archived) Evernote Keeps crashing

postmn

Idea

I just installed evernote on my Mac, iPod ouch, and Ipad. After watching a bunch of video tutorials I actually started writing an editorial using my new found multi-platform program when it started to crash. On my Mac it crashed every sentence or two, on my ipad I can't even get it so stay open long enough to see my notes. After messing around for about 2 hours I finally deleted all copies of this program and retyped my work from memory using my old fashioned word processor. Any ideas that will make this work properly? I really liked all it could do, until it crashed all the time. Is this one of those programs that run only if you buy into the premium version?

Gary

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I just installed evernote on my Mac, iPod ouch, and Ipad. After watching a bunch of video tutorials I actually started writing an editorial using my new found multi-platform program when it started to crash. On my Mac it crashed every sentence or two, on my ipad I can't even get it so stay open long enough to see my notes. After messing around for about 2 hours I finally deleted all copies of this program and retyped my work from memory using my old fashioned word processor. Any ideas that will make this work properly? I really liked all it could do, until it crashed all the time. Is this one of those programs that run only if you buy into the premium version?

Gary

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

That behavior sounds very odd, and I would definitely recommend creating a support ticket (see my signature). Could you also give us more details about your computer, operating system, what exactly you mean by crash (no error messages?), and also how much storage you have remaining on your computer?

I am having the same problem! i have opened a ticket. I am using a brand new macbook air. I have Mountain Lion and I think it occurs when I mispel a word or something or even if I spell a word right but its not in the dictionary. I have a friend who also has the exact same macbook but she is not having this issue. I'm not sure if she has Mountain Lion or just Lion. At this point I am unable to use Evernote because it is not reliable since it keeps crashing and my stuff is not saved immediately after I type.

Archived