(Archived) bug report: evernote mac version reopen the main window when accidental closed.

simpzan

Idea

4 replies to this idea

near as i can tell, this still hasn't been resolved in v5.1.4, as i just did this to myself by accident (cmd-w to close a different app window, but Evernote was still forefront and the open note was lost, which is a worse problem).

• Level 5

near as i can tell, this still hasn't been resolved in v5.1.4, as i just did this to myself by accident (cmd-w to close a different app window, but Evernote was still forefront and the open note was lost, which is a worse problem).

If you click on the Evernote icon in the dock, the main window should come back (with the same note open).

Is this not happening for you?

It did, thank you.

This doesn't appear to be a documented/obvious solution. Although i just tried it in another app, and it worked. Must be an OS feature? I didn't search outside of Evernote. Thanks for the tip.

(Other apps also have access through the "Window" menu bar item, FYI.)

• Level 5

It did, thank you.

This doesn't appear to be a documented/obvious solution. Although i just tried it in another app, and it worked. Must be an OS feature? I didn't search outside of Evernote. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, this is standard MacOS X behaviour; When you click on the dock icon of a running app with no open windows, a new window is opened.

Alternatively if you want to use a menu item, you can use File->New Evernote Window (or Cmd-option-N).

Archived