(Archived) (Yellow)Marker, highighter tool in Evernote

whatevernote

Idea

I would love to see this appearing in the GUI. Even MacOSX's preview has one!

It's very usefull for highlighting the parts you neeed to remember in (large) documents.

I know you change the background colour via the text properties but you can hardly say this is a functional way of working.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I would love to see this appearing in the GUI. Even MacOSX's preview has one!

It's very usefull for highlighting the parts you neeed to remember in (large) documents.

I know you change the background colour via the text properties but you can hardly say this is a functional way of working.

Yep. This is a common requrest. It isn't terribly high on my list, but I know there are highlighter afficionados out there who see this as a critical feature. I think Evernote developers have heard their voices :)

As a side note, if I remember correctly, highlighting the background color will work on the Mac, but you won't be able to see that in iOS. I haven't tested it recently to confirm. Obviously, this limits the usefulness of that workaround. Ironically, of course, the iPad does have a highlighter.

In a further bit of irony, the OSX version of Pages has a highlighter, but the iOS version does not, and there are lingering sections of my document that will erupt in yellow on occasion because of the invisible setting -- nothing can be done but to write on through. I'm a plain text devotee, and deeply regret having put that highlighting in my Pages document in a fit of misguided editing.

• Level 5*

Yep. This is a common requrest. It isn't terribly high on my list, but I know there are highlighter afficionados out there who see this as a critical feature. I think Evernote developers have heard their voices :)

Really?? Then I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news.

Evernote seems to be ignoring our requests.

This is one of the most popular requests.

It has been requested many, many times since 2009 --THREE YEARS!

Over 90% of my notes are web clippings.

Many/most of these are verbose, and can be summed up with just a few statements that I would like to highlight.

This obviously makes it much, much easier and faster to review the main points later.

It has already been shown by a number of users how easy it is to add background highlighting of text using HTML.

Evernote, please respond to your many customers who have requested this simple, but important, feature.

We need this on all platforms, but I for one can live with you starting with EN Mac, EN Win, etc.

Thanks.

Archived