(Archived) Evernote app minimizes on login and nothing happens [Mac OS X 10.7.4, 3.3.0 (300201)]

garph0

Idea

Hi,

when I try to login on my Evernote Mac app, the application window just hides, and nothing happens. When I un-hide the window clicking in the tray bar, it presents me with the login screen, the password field is empty and everything starts over.

If I login with a wrong password I get a "incorrect username or password message"; if I login with the proper password the problem happens.

Web and mobile apps work fine.

Any idea?

Thank you.

4 replies to this idea

I have the same problem. I'm running Mountain Lion and since upgrading to the latest version of Evernote I have not been able to use the client to access my notes. When I select Find in Evernote I am presented with SignIn screen. My user name is populated so I input my password and select Sign In, but then the dialog disappears. The app is running and but not accessible. I can Account Info from the main menu but that only brings up the Sign In Dialog again, and the process repeats. So the Mac UI is completely useless at this point.

I also experience this same issue. There is something wrong with the user account itself (at least in my case), as creating a new account, running evernote and logging in it starts to sync my data. The problem is, as I'm sure is with both of you, you don't want to create a new account. It would be nice if there was a real uninstall for evernote, so that related .plist files or config files that are corrupted could be wiped so this isn't an issue.

Thank you Ryna, that was definitely the problem!

I had moved the container to an encrypted disk image, making a link to the new location, but now it does not work anymore (and I did not remember about this moving ;-)

Deleting the ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote link solved the problem.

Archived