Upgrade to Premium via iTunes Not Working

• Ex Employees

My iTunes in-app upgrade purchase is not working. It still shows as free for my account. Assistance would be welcomed and appreciated. Thank you.

Nikkiattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Please create a support ticket including your payment receipt at www.evernote.com/support. The Evernote Support team should be able to assist with this issue. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I upgraded my account to premium yesterday; however, my evernote application on my Mac still reads that I need more storage and to update. On the web, I can easily add more notes. I already sent in a ticket, but no response yet. 

Hello, 

I upgraded my account to premium yesterday; however, my evernote application on my Mac still reads that I need more storage and to update. On the web, I can easily add more notes. I already sent in a ticket, but no response yet. 

post your support ticket # here so staff can actually look up the request and hopefully get you sorted out quickly. 

I find it odd that after 2 years (this thread goes back to 2012) that this issue hasn't been resolved.  If there are so many issues than why offer payment through iTunes.

I've upgraded from my Mac EN desktop through iTunes and all my devices still show Free not Premium.  I've submitted a ticket with a screen shot of my iTunes receipt.  ticket #724367.

Can somebody please correct asap?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been paying for Evernote Premium since 27/06/2014 every month via iTunes however my account on both my laptop, iphone and ipad do not show it and I can't view my notes offline which is the main reason I need it as I travel every month.

The recepit order numbers are as follows:

27/06/14 MGSN7YB8H4
27/07/14 MGSNM84QM4
21/08/14 MGSNZK3NQ4
27/09/14 MGSQGN1BML

I have tried and tried to find a way to contact Evernote but it only says I need to be a premium member to contact support directly and is that not what I am already paying for?

Can you please help me get this set up correctly and it would be great if Evernote could be kind enough to repay me for the last 4 months that I have paid premium and haven't been able to use it.

Thanks

Jo

I can't believe this problem has been running for more than 2 years.

I have the same issue and it's been more than 24 hours  - Ticket# 774838.  I've already sent proof of purchase via iTunes and the Order Number.

Please assist quickly.  Irritating that my uploads cannot be synched as Ive reached the account limit for the free account.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Android, same issue here.

I have paid my renewal through Google play but still it is showing free account again. This is the third year since I joined Evernote. It is a yearly problem for me, very frustrating indeed.

I have submitted a ticket #798247, Evernote support can you please rectify this once again ASAP?

Thanks.

hi i've a problem I paid but tohing is appearing can you help me on that where i should insert a ticket?

Chère/Cher OWADENKO,

Cet e-mail confirme que vous avez acheté l’abonnement suivant :

Nom de l’abonnement :   Evernote Premium Nom de l’application :   Evernote Éditeur :   Evernote Date d’achat :   06/11/14 Durée de l’abonnement :   1 an Prix :   39,99 € Mode de paiement :   Compte iTunes

La période d’abonnement est automatiquement renouvelée, sauf en cas de désactivation au moins 24 heures avant la fin de la période actuelle. Pour annuler le renouvellement automatique ou gérer vos abonnements, cliquez ci-dessous et connectez-vous.

Conditions d’utilisation ou assistance de l’éditeur : http://www.evernote.com/about/support

Aller sur iTunes >

Cordialement,
L’équipe de l’iTunes Store

Ticket # Ticket# 814944 Premium purchase not working in evernote

I purchased upgrade to evernote premium via itunes yesterday, sent in a ticket.

I do not see the upgrade on my computer, nor on the iphone.

And, now the evernote app has disappeared from my iphone and it prompts me to download the app. 

I've done this several times and the app downloads but never remains on the phone, so now my remote work on evernote is paralyzed--all b/c I finally paid to go premium. Feeling frustrated.

Any help on how to get evernote back onto my iphone? And then hoping that support picks up my ticket number and upgrades, but for now I have nothing!

Same here, my online account page was showing as premium but my iphone app behaved as 'free', thereby negating my reason for paying in the first place. I raised a ticket with on Sunday (#824679) and received an automated reply, it's now two business days later and no communication from Evernote so I raised the problem with itunes, cancelled my subscription to premium and received a refund from itunes, immediately.

Can anyone see the difference in service between Evernote and Itunes there? I'm very disappointed and I'll be leaving some negative feedback on the App store.

I have also had this issue.  Bought premium membership through iTunes, over a week later not reflecting in my account.  No response from support page.  Extremely poor first impression.

Ticket# 828877 - Premium

This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription:

Name of Subscription:   Evernote Premium Name of Application:   Evernote Content Provider:   Evernote Date of purchase:   11/14/14 Subscription Period:   1 year Price:   $44.99 Payment Method:   iTunes account

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to premium through in-app purchase on Apple App Store but my account is still listed as free. I really need this to work out before going on vacation tomorrow. I have already tried to log out and back in but that did not make a difference. I paid by credit card in iTunes and I have submitted a ticket with id Ticket# 871571.

Update: almost 24 hours later and no response from the Evernote support team. Quite disappointed. Not the best start for my Premium experience.

If you go to your iTunes purchases and report a problem, select the issue as being "It didn't download", enter your description and then request a refund, doing so generates an instant refund of the subscription.

Won't be making the mistake of premium purchases again with evernote!

Thanks for nothing!

I *was* premium since 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue, ticket # 889337

As a paying customer its a shame to see the issue persist after 2 years of being known on a forum! This is poor customer service and paying customers shouldn't have to be chasing down a company requesting for service in such a way. If the admin cares to share I've also reported this issue to the California based Better Business Bureau.

I suggest people who had the same experience as others also report this billing and customer service issue to the BBB. If smaller companies can recognize a payment via iTunes why can't Evernote?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

I paid for a premium evernote subscription via itunes. I was using the evernote for MAC functionality and when I clicked on the upgrade to premium it took me straight to the iTunes store. I have the receipt from iTunes, have synced all my devices. I even deactivated my old evernote account which had no notes but have  been signed up with the same email address as my iTunes account incase this was the issue (note this account didn't show premium status either). I logged a ticket on the 21/1/15 and it's still note resolved. Ticket# 919583 - I've subscribed to premium via the app store but it hasn't updated my membership status.

I'm really disappointed that its one week on from my subscription purchase on the 20/1/15 and there has been no communication from your level1 team. 

Help?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue.  I upgraded through iTunes on Sunday.  It is now Thursday.  I have created 3 separate support tickets, and have received only "canned" responses on any of them - since, of course, "free" members get no priority.  Evernote is a great product and I'm willing to pay for an upgrade, but right now I'm not getting what I paid for and can't recommend Evernote to any of my friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - me too. I have been on with two tickets(current one is now  Ticket# 965242 - Premium. My only reply so far states there is no payment associated with my email address, do I have another one I may have used?? NO. I replied with my screenshot (AGAIN) from inside iTunes on my purchasing page with the order, time, date and order number. Still nothing. I had been warned by colleagues not to bother with evernote for years but I took a plunge planning a test with a view to annual subscription if it met my workflow needs....needless to say, my weekend workflow plan for evernote has gone for a Burton - need new plans. My screenshot proof as follows:

post-250380-0-49387400-1425066751_thumb.

post-250380-0-47391800-1425066753_thumb.

TAGS: "credit card", "subscription", "payment", "billing", "transaction", and "declined" and "paypal" and "iTunes"

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/fe908948/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here - Ticket# 983879

I bought 1 month of premium membership yesterday through the Evernote iPhone app. It still isn't activated. In iTunes under my Apple ID I can clearly see that I have paid and that it should be active.

Going oversees in 5 hours and desperately need offline notebooks!!

Last time I bought one year of premium membership it was the EXCACT same problem. At the time i was told to try and buy the membership through Evernote.com instead, but what a hassle compared to IAP. (Which they nag you about all the time when you are a free user).

Hm, maybe I should try one note instead

• 2 weeks later...

Great tip, BNF. I would encourage Evernote to fix in-app-purchasing. They haven't even responded to my support ticket NOR this thread and its 10 days now. I just came back and now no longer need the pro account..

• Ex Employees

Great tip, BNF. I would encourage Evernote to fix in-app-purchasing. They haven't even responded to my support ticket NOR this thread and its 10 days now. I just came back and now no longer need the pro account..

Hey Simon. I just responded to your email.

Feel free to respond to my email if you have any additional comments/issues. 

• 2 months later...

Ticket# 1091644

I'm trying to upgrade to a Premium account but am getting an error when I try to do so. Sigh. . . I see this has been an issue for the past three years. . . yikes. I'm stuck with a Plus subscription when I need a Premier --- and there's nothing I can do about it. 

TAGS: "credit card", "subscription", "payment", "billing", "transaction", and "declined" and "paypal" and "iTunes"

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of questions here regarding the O2 premium upgrade, but no definitive answers as far as I can see.

I'm an existing user and want to take advantage of the free upgrade offered by O2. How is this meant to work. I get asked for my iTunes password but stop there not wanting to get charged. What will happen if I proceed? I don't want to get caught up in a time consuming process trying to claim back the money that shouldn't have been taken from me in the first place.

Can someone tell me how should the free upgrade actually work?

• Ex Employees

Lots of questions here regarding the O2 premium upgrade, but no definitive answers as far as I can see.

I'm an existing user and want to take advantage of the free upgrade offered by O2. How is this meant to work. I get asked for my iTunes password but stop there not wanting to get charged. What will happen if I proceed? I don't want to get caught up in a time consuming process trying to claim back the money that shouldn't have been taken from me in the first place.

Can someone tell me how should the free upgrade actually work?

Logging into iTunes should not be part of the process to redeem this promotion. 

If you're an 02 customer connected to an 02 data connection, login to Evernote and you should be automatically prompted to redeem to the promotion, upgrading you to premium.  As an existing premium customer, the promotion will be converted into points. Once your current subscription expires, you can then apply the points to your account here : https://www.evernote.com/Points.action

If you're still experiencing issues please submit a support ticket and Evernote Support will be happy to assist. 

Hi

I have been having a similiar problem to what is described in this forum. I upgrade to EN Premium 2 days ago through Evernote.com- I got EN Premium in my IPad/Iphone but on my Mac the account is still as "Basic" I already "sync" and logged in/out loads of times but no effect still as Basic on my Mac...I already request for technical support but I am still waiting- Ticket Number 1124996.

I only have an EN account...I really need to have Premium on my Mac!! any tips would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Jo_Se

• 3 weeks later...
I'm updating this thread as we have identified two separate issues with the iTunes upgrade and want to ensure the most up-to-date information is available here. 

Issue 1): You’ve upgraded via iTunes and can see the upgrade in your account when you log in at Evernote.com but the upgrade is not reflected in the iOS application. 

Solution: In the iOS app, please make a small edit to your profile name which should trigger the update in the applicaiton. Specific steps for doing this:
  • Tap the gear icon next to your username in top left
  • Tap on “Profile” from the list
  • Tap on the “Full Name” field
  • Make any edit to the name and tap “Done"
  • Tap on “Settings” on the top left and confirm the change is updated under the profile image
  • Tap on “Profile” again and change the name back to the desired name.
  • You should now see the upgrade reflected in the application
If you are experiencing this same issue on your Mac app please see this thread: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/86265-upgraded-to-plus-but-mac-client-still-says-evernote-basic

Issue 2): You’ve upgraded via iTunes but do not see the upgrade in your account at Evernote.com.

Solution: Please submit a support ticket with a copy of your iTunes receipt. Once verified, we will manually upgrade your account. Feel free to post your ticket number here and we will work to expedite your case. 

I have the email welcoming me to Evernote premium on 6/25/15. How do I send it to Evernote? Why doesn't Evernote have a PDF with complete instructions? I can go cross-eyed looking for threads in this format.

Evernote, you've succeeded enough to need to publish a manual now. I love saving notes, but am not computer-literate enough to figure out this jigsaw puzzle of a system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I upgraded to Evernote Plus via iTunes and although I received a receipt from iTunes, the upgrade is neither visible in the apps on my mac and my iPhone nor in the web interface. I already submitted a support ticket (Ticket# 1193528) and sent a screenshot of my iTunes receipt but I'm afraid my ticket won't get answered very soon because I'm still listed as a free user. The update is very important for me, because my monthly upload volume is exhausted and I need to continue my work with Evernote as soon as possible. Thank You.

I upgraded to Evernote Plus via iTunes and although I received a receipt from iTunes, the upgrade is neither visible in the apps on my mac and my iPhone nor in the web interface. I already submitted a support ticket (Ticket# 1193528) and sent a screenshot of my iTunes receipt but I'm afraid my ticket won't get answered very soon because I'm still listed as a free user. The update is very important for me, because my monthly upload volume is exhausted and I need to continue my work with Evernote as soon as possible. Thank You.

Since you might be looking at a few days of "downtime" before Evernote support get this resolved for you, you can always create a local notebook on your computer and put new content in there (or move actively working content there) where, while it won't be synced to the servers, you'll at least be able to add and modify it, and move it back to its normal notebook once your allowance is updated. 

Obviously this will not help at all if your primary use takes place on a mobile device  :wacko:  in which case you are beholden to your exhausted allowance....

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote about this problem back in march, were I desperately needed the upgrade as i was going oversees and needed offline notebooks. Well, yesterday it happened again..

In iOS I got a "Work Smarter Discount" of 50 % and decided to upgrade to Premium, but the premium membership still hasn't activated (approx. 26h ago). This is the 3. time (out of 3), that IAP doesn't work for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the product and am trying my best to be patient with this bug, but I also have the same issue, purchased 10/2, no response to a ticket opened later that day with receipt attached, Ticket# 1259041

Have tried everything suggested both here and on the support site. Thanks!

Editing to reflect that this is resolved. Thanks!

Ticket# 1263847

Same issue for me. Purchased Plus upgrade via iTunes on my iPhone (October 5) and left it for 8 hours thinking it might take a little while for transaction to process.

Checked the Evernote web after work & was still showing Basic. Reported it via Evernote support site on the website & got the ticket number but no option to email the iTunes receipt.

It's October 7 & still no response? I've got lots of notes I need to upload.

• Ex Employees

Thanks all - keep the ticket numbers coming. I'll keep a closer eye on this thread to work towards getting you a timely response. After purchasing through iTunes (or anywhere), the upgrade should happen immediately. If it's not there after a few minutes, try the steps outlined in the response pinned to the top of this thread, then open a support ticket right away.

Hi William, 

Please use the "Submit a support request" link in my signature. If you are not already logged in online, you will be prompted to do so and then taken to the ticket submission page. Please select "Payment or billing issue" from the first dropdown menu.

Let us know if you run into any problems and be sure to post your ticket number here so we can expedite your case.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recurring subscription in iTunes and same issue. I am paying for it but Evernote still shows basic. I have tried all the tips but nothing. I have submitted email with screen shot of proof of payment. I am not getting any response back from Evernote. This is really frustrating. My ticket number is 1278741. Please someone help.

• Ex Employees

@dmikeyp Can you please open a support ticket using the link in my signature, then post the ticket number? Payment related issues need to be resolved via email for security reasons. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to know where to submit a support ticket! All of the links you all mention in your signatures just bring me back to the so called support page with no option to actually create a ticket much less attache a receipt!

I'm with all of the other respondents here and am wondering if I made a huge mistake--this after being a plus member for some time.

Hi Steven,

Sorry to see you are having trouble accessing the ticket submission page. I went ahead and opened a ticket for you which you should see in your email. Please reply to that message and we can take a closer look at your case. 

kgg,

the email that was sent has no tracking number for the ticket. Do you want me to respond to that email?  re: this forum

message reads:
stevendidier,

You have just received a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Upgrade to Premium via iTunes Not Working". The topic can be found here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/28551-upgrade-to-premium-via-itunes-not-working/?view=getnewpost

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Steven,

Sorry to see you are having trouble accessing the ticket submission page. I went ahead and opened a ticket for you which you should see in your email. Please reply to that message and we can take a closer look at your case.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yesterday I tried to upgrade to year-long PLUS membership via iTunes, but only the payment worked immediately, the account was not upgraded. I already opened a support ticket, but only got an auto-responder. 

Can you please help me, since I have got to work with Evernote?

Ticket# 1964389

Hi y'all,

If you've paid for an upgrade and aren't seeing Plus or Premium reflected in your Evernote account, please post in the following thread so I am alerted and can help as soon as possible:

I'm going to lock this thread so we can have one centralized place for these types of posts. Thanks for your understanding.

Archived