(Archived) How to post note w/pictures to Facebook from mobile phone? Photo upload problems when opening account on PC?

I'm a newbie even, though I installed Evernote a while ago...just getting around to writing my thoughts and posting some pics. Is there a limit to size of pictures? I'm already at 59 out of 60 so I'm almost maxed out on storage limit due to the size of my pictures I think - I have a Samsung Galaxy II. It tells me that in a couple of days I can start over w/storage, so it's not a big deal for me. When I tested sharing to Facebook with one photo, it was no problem, but with multiple photos I just get an error message.

Then I went on my desktop to see if I could bring up the photos, there were the old photos I had deleted - for some reason it didn't save the latest photos I edited w/Skitch on my phone and all of them, except one, was sideways. I did set up my account on my phone & not PC first - still need to install on laptop, but shouldn't it be OK just to view what I had already saved on the web and to share the link w/my friends? I'm confused, please help, thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you may not have synced your phone with the web before you tried to browse photographs. Although the pictures are on the phone, they need to get to Evernote - and if these are large files it could take a little while. Have a look for the 'sync now' button - slide the green EN screen to the right so you're looking at the grey Evernote home screen, then tap the sync button at the bottom left. It will show when the phone last synced. Once the phone sync has completed you should find the up to date photos on the web client too. Don't forget to set up your laptop as soon as possible, and sync it to the server copy - that's your only backup if you lose any data.

Thanks for your quick reply gazumped! No, it's not the sync - I noticed it was syncing up regularly last night when I was on there. Just to make sure, I just did it again and turned on my Wi-Fi on the phone, plus I logged out on my laptop and logged back in to my account. The pictures are the same when I open my account/notes on the laptop, and it doesn't have my updated photos that I worked so hard on in Skitch : (

Any other help you can provide, please do so - I would like to be able to post this today if possible and not have these issues in the future...

Oh I just realized that I must have deleted the note & pics that I wanted to post because I now only have one note in my notebook and it's the old pictures! I installed program to laptop & it was a snap! I guess maybe I'll just choose one or two photos and make my post that way in the meantime while trying to find out how to do lots of images...

Again, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

• Level 5*

:) Well I guess it's good we know what went wrong, anyhow.. Not sure what else you want comments on - the only way I know to share multiple pictures is to include all those pictures in one note, then share the note; not sure how that looks on the other end of the share, or whether it fits your situation, but the only other way is picture by picture!

Morals of the story so far - 1) sync before you do anything 2) save as you go 3) sync after you do anything!!

Archived