(Archived) I am getting two copies of my scans.

Sorry if this has been covered previously in the forums, but I couldn't find it...

I scan with my scansnap (with the OCR setting on) into a local folder that is imported into my Evernote default folder. My problem is that two copies show up, and I can't figure out why.

Thanks is advance!

Cindy

If you're a Mac user and downloaded the most recent version of Evernote for Mac from the App store, you may be able to fix this issue by following these steps:

Sorry if this has been covered previously in the forums, but I couldn't find it...

I scan with my scansnap (with the OCR setting on) into a local folder that is imported into my Evernote default folder. My problem is that two copies show up, and I can't figure out why.

Thanks is advance!

Cindy

Cindy,

I suspect that you are running into a situation where you have set your scansnap to scan to Evernote. You have also set your import folders to deliver to your inbox. Therefore, when you scan you are sending the same info twice to EN. This happened to me as well and I was able to stop it by simply tweaking the options in scansnap. Try NOT scanning to EN or try scanning "to file". Tweak a little bit and the problem will go away.

• Level 5*

Does the ScanSnap create a file in the import folder then go back and OCR it and save it again? You can test this by making sure that you delete files after import (setting in EN)? However, I think it is more likely as idoc suggests. Just something else to try ...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived