(Archived) Going Crazy with Evernote Fonts on new MacBook Pro

I have just purchased a Mac Book Pro with Retina Display. I have installed Boot Camp and Windows 7 so that I can use both Mac & PC programs.

I also installed Evernote on both Mac & PC operating systems so that I can have it available all the time.

My problem is that with the high resolution of the Retina Display all my Evernote notes are too small. My question is how to set the default fonts for this high resolution so I can comfortable real all the Evernote informaiton?

Any suggestions for help with this?

Kindest regards,

Mike

• Level 5*

I have just purchased a Mac Book Pro with Retina Display. I have installed Boot Camp and Windows 7 so that I can use both Mac & PC programs.

I also installed Evernote on both Mac & PC operating systems so that I can have it available all the time.

My problem is that with the high resolution of the Retina Display all my Evernote notes are too small. My question is how to set the default fonts for this high resolution so I can comfortable real all the Evernote informaiton?

Kindest regards,

Mike

Hi Mike. Welcome to the forums!

(1) For the default settings: Evernote --> Preferences --> Formatting

(2) For an individual note: Format --> Show Fonts

• Level 5*

Someone suggested I go to the "Preferences" tab in Evernote but I can't find this tab? I thought it should be under "File" or I might find it in "Options" but it is not there in my Windows Evernote.

Can anyone help me please?

Sorry about that. I thought we were talking about Evernote on the Mac, which you can reach via [ Command key + , ] or the dropdown menu activated when you press Evernote next to the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner. In Windows, it ought to be in Tools --> Options, but I am not near my Windows machine at the moment to confirm that.

Thanks for the responses but my problem is still not solved - I am wondering if Evernote has this capacity?

I have over 1000 notes already in Evernote when I switched to the Mac Pro Retina display.

Yes I can set the default for new notes but the problem is changing the font for the "notebook" column on the left side of Evernote and also changing the font size for the list of "notes." I am beginning to think this is not possible for the windows version of Evernote?

Can anyone make a liar out of me?

Cheers,

Mike

• Level 5*
Can anyone make a liar out of me

Ah (as they say) Ha. And, no - you can't change the size of Evernote's display fonts, only the notes.

Glad to be able to endorse your veracity. But it would be nice to have some font options for the left-hand window. Even if we can't get coloured(*) icons, coloured text would help in some cases...

PS I think I just broke my Evernote trying out a few Ctrl+ options to see whether there was any change.

*UK English, she is spoken here.

• 2 months later...

Kindest regards,

Mike

Hi Mike. Welcome to the forums!

(1) For the default settings: Evernote --> Preferences --> Formatting

(2) For an individual note: Format --> Show Fonts

Thank you GrumpyMonkey, your information solved my problem

Archived