(Archived) Android app issue

ChipAHoy

When using the Evernote android app in trying to edit some lists i created notebooks for, the cursor goes to the Notebook's title module, and I am unable to get the cursor to the notebook content area. This has been going on for some time. How do I get to the content area?

• Level 5*

Hi - notebooks don't have content as such, you need to create a note inside each book to contain your list. In a new note, tap on the area of the screen you wish to edit, and you should get a keyboard to add your input. Or select the white-microphone-on-black-bubble icon (there's a positive and negative version) and you can add speech-to-text content. (The other icon lets you record a sound file.)

Thanks for the reply. The problem isn't creating new notes, it is with editing content. As I mentioned, the cursor is in the title area and I can't get it to go to the content. I guess I can try using microphone icon to record the changes, but it's not an ideal solution.

• Level 5*

If you're looking at a screen with 'title' and 'content' boxes, and a little menu bar with various icons across the bottom of the view, it should just be a question of tapping the screen in the content area to be able to edit it. Have you used the pencil icon to put Evernote into edit mode?

• Level 5*

Yes, I use the pencil icon to enter the edit mode.

OK then. You should be able to tap on the 'content' area of the screen (just after the last item you typed) and see a flashing cursor and a keypad to enter some more content.

Archived