(Archived) Business Card Reader App?

TiffanyG

I've seen a little discussion on the use of evernote for storing business card info. Is there any talk of adding a reader app to Evernote or merging with an existing app like CamCard? It would be great to add this feature, particularly to merge business card info with a particular note or notebook.

• Level 5*

Evernote don't share their secret plans in advance (suspicious lot) but they have a definite policy of not reinventing wheels and sticking close to their basic 'external brain' philosophy. Scanning cards seems like bells and whistles territory, especially since there are apps out there that will photograph cards for you. If I'm away from a scanner, or find items that are too lumpy for my sheet feeder, I use CamScanner mostly, which shows you whether you're holding the phone level, puts the camera into close-up mode, crops any background out of the picture and uploads directly to Evernote. It'll do cards (and most anything else) just fine. Otherwise I drop cards into my ScanSnap to add them as a note.

• Level 5*

Try ScanBizCards - the iOS version of the app lets you export any card to your Evernote account as image + contact info as text. You can also do the reverse, i.e. pull unscanned card images in your Evernote account into ScanBizCards for scanning.

Very impressive description on the iTunes web page.

Has over 30 impressive features for only $3.99.

I'm gonna check it out tomorrow when I have some time.

• 2 months later...

Yup. That was a 'benefit of the doubt' email. :)

When a new user's first four posts, in one day, are all touting the same piece of software, I don't give them the benefit of a doubt. ;-). However, I didn't go ahead & delete his posts. Figured I'd let Geoff decide.

• 2 months later...

Archived