(Archived) REQUEST : Customize the preview image of a note

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

I'm an architect and I'm using Evernote daily in my work. I'd like to be able to add a favorite preview image into a note.

Something like this:

http://d.pr/i/czHS

I think it is a useful features for architects and photographers in order to organize their works.

Sorry for my english. Thanks.

I agree. In general, I think as much as possible about the app should be customizable. There should be default settings that Evernote chooses because they think they are best for the majority of its users, but "power users" (or people that care about such things) ought to be able to tweak things.

(1) I would like to be able to choose which image is displayed in Snippet or Card View, and even what part of an image is displayed.

(2) I would like to be able to choose what text is displayed in Snippet or Card View, including how many lines of text show, from 0-6 (as we have, for example, in iOS with SimpleNote).

(3) I would like to be able to choose which Sort applies to which folder or Saved Search.

(4) I would like to be able to manually order my tags, notebooks, and even notes.

The list could go on and on, but I think the point is clear. Some of us spend a huge amount of time in Evernote, and we want to tailor it for our individual uses. By definition, the work of an architect is going to be totally different than the work of a researcher, which will be different again from a student in elementary school. Yet, under the current system we all have to use exactly the same UI.

Archived