(Archived) Has anyone noticed a slowdown on Evernote for a Mac when importing notes using script

scaasi

Idea

Hi there,

Has anyone else noticed a slow down in evernote on the Mac since the latest update?

I used veritrope applescript to import emails into evernote and that really is slow and I evernote pauses significantly when doing this now.

I also tried editing a note the other day and the rainbow coloured cursor kept coming up preventing me from typing.

I have a mac book air so I know it's not the mac performance in question.

Anyone else having a problem and managed to resolve this?

Cheers

Karl

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I have noticed a very definite slow down in EN Mac 3.3.0 in syncing:

12 Notes took 58 sec = 4.8 sec/note

5194 to 5206 Notes

No large notes

I also use the Veritrope Applescript, but I haven't really paid any attention to how long it takes.

I will test tomorrow when I have time.

Hello all,

Well it appears that although I couldn't narrow down the problem, it occurred during the upgrade process. So we tried a couple of things, but I had to completely remove evernote from my macbook air, and re-install it. Since then I've had no problems and I haven't looked back.

Hope this helps for anyone else having problems.

Karl

• Level 5*

Hello all,

Well it appears that although I couldn't narrow down the problem, it occurred during the upgrade process. So we tried a couple of things, but I had to completely remove evernote from my macbook air, and re-install it. Since then I've had no problems and I haven't looked back.

Hope this helps for anyone else having problems.

Karl

This is sometimes the best solution. Unfortunately, if you have a large database (mine is 25GB), then the reinstallation process can take several days. If anyone with a large database is having the same problem and thinking about solving it this way, make sure you are aware of the time you'll need.

Archived