(Archived) Privacy settings and sharing thru FB

1. How can I make sure that my evernote on my PC is set to private so that other web users can't see it? and

2. How can I share through FB but keep it off my timeline so its my own personal use and not for other friends on FB to see? I do alot of research and study through FB and it would be a dream to share it with evernote!

thanks,

• Level 5*

Hi Zuzu

Your Evernote notebooks and notes are completely private to you unless you specifically share them with others, or with the world. It's quite clear when you do share, so if you haven't taken that step your information is automatically safed. Bear in mind your username and password are what's ensuring your privacy - keep them safe.

You can't 'share' and keep the notes private - contradiction in terms. You can edit your notes remotely through Evernote's web client (use the same ID and password) and you can clip information from your browser - including when looking at FB pages - through Evernote's web clippers for Firefox or Chrome.

Hope that helps.

Hi gazumped, thanks for that. I do alot of research through fb but keep the settings to "only me" so its not shared through there for others to see. Sort of like "cross-referencing" - there's a whole heaps of pages and groups I like but I'd like to make notes through EN on it. What FB does in terms of "privacy" is a whole different matter of course....

When I was looking at this last night, the web clipper wasn't working properly and clearly was. Then the vice versa happened! when I tried to look at a page and clicked the clearly "button" (I've downloaded it to my chrome), it got stuck at "clipping". I'm using the latest version of chrome btw...

• Level 5*

Clearly and Clippper work pretty well, but both depend on the content of the web page - too much complexity or too much coding on the page can cause problems.. I tend to use whichever works for that page, and still occasionally 'print' from my browser to a PDF document to get content that neither can handle. It's not an exact science!

Archived