(Archived) Evernote Web Clipper breaks Javascript in Safari 6

stickman67

I use Moodle for online teaching, and after upgrading to Safari 6 (as part of my Mountain Lion upgrade) I found that I could no longer upload files to create download links for my students. I started receiving a JSON string error.

To isolate the problem, I turned off half of my extensions, then the other half, etc. etc., and replicated the problem until I isolated a single extension that created the problem - and sadly, it was Evernote Web Clipper 5.6.

I'm on a 2009 15" MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.

Anyone else having the same problem? Any fixes?

I am having a similar issue. The latest evernote clipper has broken file uploads in Drupal 6 and Drupal 7. It is specifically when you click the "attach" button which starts an ajax call to upload the file in the background.

Here is the error

I uninstall the evernote clipper and uploading works, reinstall it and it doesn't. I have confirmed this on a number of Drupal sites.

Hi, tkaraszewski

All I can tell you at this stage is that a window pops up saying "Error: Invalid JSON string". Where can I look for more information for you? Does Safari keep a log, for example? I can't really see much happening in the Console when I replicate the error, but maybe there's something I should be looking for. Happy to help if I can!

I'm also seeing problems with Adsense when Safari 6 Web Clipper extension is enabled. With Web Clipper enabled, Adsense doesn't show. With Web Clipper disabled, Adsense (and other ads) correctly show up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, tkaraszewski

All I can tell you at this stage is that a window pops up saying "Error: Invalid JSON string". Where can I look for more information for you? Does Safari keep a log, for example? I can't really see much happening in the Console when I replicate the error, but maybe there's something I should be looking for. Happy to help if I can!

I think this may be the issue:

<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css">

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }</style>

<div id="_clearly_component__next_pages_container">

</div>

The Web Clipper is appending this code to certain javascript in the page, and causes issues with a bunch of functions on different sites that use JSON to send responses.

Archived