(Archived) can not share notes with email

Hi, everyone

I am a Chinese user of Evernote, recently I've found that I cannot share my notes via email anymore, and it is the internal sharing founction of web based evernote, I took a shot of the screen, which you can see that the button of the "email" always in a "grey" states

Does evernote stop this sever for free users from now on, or just there's something wrong occuring?

post-100036-0-44638900-1344244996_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Could you put the screenshot in a note, share the note, and post a link to it? I am having difficulty viewing the thumbnail.

I am using Japanese and having no problem sending emails, so I don't think it is a language thing. Please note that you have to complete the email address before the button will turn from gray to white (on the Web client).

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Could you put the screenshot in a note, share the note, and post a link to it? I am having difficulty viewing the thumbnail.

I am using Japanese and having no problem sending emails, so I don't think it is a language thing. Please note that you have to complete the email address before the button will turn from gray to white (on the Web client).

Thanks for your repley, I saved the screenshot here: link

And I am sure that I have complete the email address, but the button never turn to white.

• Level 5*

OK. I've tried it in simplified Chinese on Firefox as well. I had no problems with it, so I think this is a bit odd, and you'll want to contact Evernote support (see my signature below). You may also want to contact Yinxiang biji 印象笔记 and see if they can offer any advice.

@Scott,

Thanks! I was on the iPad, though, and it is such a pain to view source code there.

OK. I've tried it in simplified Chinese on Firefox as well. I had no problems with it, so I think this is a bit odd, and you'll want to contact Evernote support (see my signature below). You may also want to contact Yinxiang biji 印象笔记 and see if they can offer any advice.

@Scott,

Thanks! I was on the iPad, though, and it is such a pain to view source code there.

Emm, thank you very much for your advice, and I am trying to contact other Chinese users to find if they have the same problem.

• Level 5*

Wow, I tried on my ipad, it's ok, I can share my note by email normally, maybe there is something wrong with my pc's browser? I don't know how it happens, it's inpenetrable.

It does seem like something wrong on your end somewhere. In Chinese (simplified), Japanese, and English on Safari and Firefox (for the Mac) I am having no problems using the Web client. If you use something other than Firefox on your computer, I think it might work. I am not running Linux, so I suppose it could have something to do with that.

• 1 month later...

I can no longer share notes AT ALL on my iMac.

On my MB air the box comes up to share but NO LONK TO address book.

Last upgrade upset something. I use this feature OFTEN.

Can anyone help me?

E chat told me to delete E and reinstall. Took time and nothing changed.

Help!!

Deborah L. Faust

Attorney at Law

Mail | POB 543 | Gretna, LA 70054

700 Churchill Parkway | Avondale, LA 70094

V (504)304-1500

F (877)250-8334

E faustlaw@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I continue to have the same problem. On desktop app -- share by email option does nothing. It works on laptop and ipad BUT no link to the contacts anymore!! I use the feature often. Can someone help???

Hi. I would recommend syncing, backing up your account, and then uninstalling Evernote from your computer. When you reinstall, instead of using the Mac appstore version, give a try to the regular version at http://evernote.com/...ile=EvernoteMac

I continue to have the same problem. On desktop app -- share by email option does nothing. It works on laptop and ipad BUT no link to the contacts anymore!! I use the feature often. Can someone help???

Hi. I would recommend syncing, backing up your account, and then uninstalling Evernote from your computer. When you reinstall, instead of using the Mac appstore version, give a try to the regular version at http://evernote.com/...ile=EvernoteMac

10/03/12 (06:00 AM) Tried this AGAIN and it didn't work AGAIN. It's the same thing that EN help suggested. :(:angry:

What now? Still not working!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived