(Archived) Wish list: Use last notebook

Hi,

Ioften find that when I am using evernote I frequently am adding to the same notebook several times. So, I might be cruising for recipes one evneing, but find quotes for my book another day. Rather than choose just one notebook as default, I would like a choice that let me select the last one used. I.e., DEFAULT NOTEBOOK: laqst used.

Cheers,

Michael

Hey Michael. Welcome to the forums.

Which client were you wanting this particular feature for? I know in the Windows client, there is an option that allows all clipping to go to the last selected notebook (almost exactly what you're looking for).

Plus, if I think about this from an effort standpoint, I don't quite understand how this feature would be beneficial to users. I've written the process below for adding two notes to one notebook, then adding one note to another. Let me know if I've got this wrong.

Option 1 (current way):

1. Select Notebook A as default
  2. Make note 1 in notebook A
  3. Make note 2 in notebook A
  4. Select Notebook B as default
  5. Make note 3 in Notebook B

Option 2 (Suggested way)

1. Select Notebook A (not defaulted)
  2. Make note 1 in notebook A
  3. Make note 2 in notebook A (remembered from note 1)
  4. Select Notebook B (not defaulted)
  5. Make note 3 in Notebook B

Thanks, Blake. First, I'm on a MAC OS X. Secondly, my idea is that you clip a note, and when you select the notebook from the drop down list, it becomes the next NB to be used. In other words, if you set, in preferences, USE LAST NB, then it just comes up tht way next time. There's no extra work because you're ot going into prferences.

I hope that's clear. Not really sure. Anyway, I find i tend to work withthe same notebook for a while. An alternative might be a tooldbar swtich MAKE THIS NB DEFAIULT or some such.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived