(Archived) A better View please

Most of us have widescreens I would think but the 'Views' in Evernote are inadequate for me unless I am missing something.

I like List view with the note panel open. I can do the searches quickly review the titles and instantly see the associated information in the note. It's great. However does the List have to sit above the note panel? Because there is not enough space below to show a full standard page of note information.

The snippet and thumbnail view has the summary info at the side but I don't need those views with the note panel open as they are confusing and distracting replicating content that is already showing full size in the note panel.

I really like EN but I find the absence of this one fundamental view to be the biggest frustration of my user interface experience.

Could we please have a view similar to Outlook on widescreen with the note summary list on the left and a 'full' page of detail on the right. It is a familiar format and one that works.

Thank you for considering my whinging and keep up the great work.

• Level 5

In Evernote Windows, the Vertical Note list mode can be toggled on using the Ctrl+Shift+F5 shortcut key.

It is fabulous and gives a ton more viewable information.

I switched over to it, and live on it 95% of the time. I keep the Left Panel hidden (F10) for even more viewable info.

Here is a screen shot which shows how much information can be viewed at one time.

https://www.evernote...164fee42533ada4

• Level 5*

I really like EN but I find the absence of this one fundamental view to be the biggest frustration of my user interface experience.

Could we please have a view similar to Outlook on widescreen with the note summary list on the left and a 'full' page of detail on the right. It is a familiar format and one that works.

As JB mentioned, this view is available now in EN Win client.

Unfortunately, it is NOT available on any other client, including EN Mac and EN iPad.

This has been requested often by many users over two years now.

Bless you guys, it feels like Xmas. A simple command in windows client and it completely transforms my experience.

What I don't understand is why this view is not in the Menu? Surely others would be in same boat as me.

Also is someone keeping the Windows user guide up to date? It's not in there.

Something as important as this should be visible. Perhaps the developers don't want anyone to know about it because of it's unavailability on the other platforms

Is this the place to have suggestions put forward for having this view included as a sub-menu item?

• Level 5

Bless you guys, it feels like Xmas. A simple command in windows client and it completely transforms my experience.

What I don't understand is why this view is not in the Menu? Surely others would be in same boat as me.

Also is someone keeping the Windows user guide up to date? It's not in there.

Something as important as this should be visible. Perhaps the developers don't want anyone to know about it because of it's unavailability on the other platforms

Is this the place to have suggestions put forward for having this view included as a sub-menu item?

When I found out about this feature, I felt the same.

Here is a forum thread covering the development of the Vertical List.

http://discussion.ev...cal-notes-list/

I believe Evernote is in the hiring mode for someone to handle their documentation.

And yes, the Evernote team will see your comment.

Archived