(Archived) 3 suggestions: headers, tags, styles

Hello,

I am thinkings about three ideas which may improve Evernote experience. I am a student at university, I use Evernote and those improvements would make my life easier :)

• printing headers - I wish I could add some information about printed notes to header and/or footer of the page;
  • sharing tags - I wish I could share with friends notes which have specified tag;
  • styles - I wish I could use in evernote notes some styles like Heading 1, Heading 2, quote etc.

I believe these additional functions may be very useful.

Best regards,

pyrgus

Hey and welcome to the forums!

What information were you wanting to add to printed notes?

The ability to share tags would be great but I believe that due to system limitations, if this did ever happen, it would be a while. The notebook sharing can accomplish the same goal, but I know doing so would probably go against your Evernote organization system.

Styles have been an oft requested feature. For the meantime, you might want to check out KustomNote for Evernote which allows for some great styling options.

Just basic information like the name of the note, date, page number.

As I said I used Evernote to collect notes from lectures at university. I have a notebook for every year of curriculum. Inside of it there are my notes with tags defining course name. Sometimes my friends ask me to share notes from a specific course and then it is very inconvenient to copy link for every note.

Just basic information like the name of the note, date, page number.

As I said I used Evernote to collect notes from lectures at university. I have a notebook for every year of curriculum. Inside of it there are my notes with tags defining course name. Sometimes my friends ask me to share notes from a specific course and then it is very inconvenient to copy link for every note.

If you click a note -> file -> print preview, there is a button that says "print options" that allows you set a bunch of attributes to be printed. Name of the note and note created/updated are just a few of the options. Page number, however, isn't.

Why not instead make a notebook stack for every year of curriculum and then a notebook for each course name? Then you can share the specific courses with your classmates no problem!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am thinkings about three ideas which may improve Evernote experience. I am a student at university, I use Evernote and those improvements would make my life easier :)

• printing headers - I wish I could add some information about printed notes to header and/or footer of the page;
  • sharing tags - I wish I could share with friends notes which have specified tag;
  • styles - I wish I could use in evernote notes some styles like Heading 1, Heading 2, quote etc.

I believe these additional functions may be very useful.

Best regards,

pyrgus

I also believe this (the second option) would be a very useful option... I am using evernote as the database of a human rights organization that receives petitions from ppl (which I would like to elaborate later on evernote blog). here is the thing... It is necessary that all the petitions are in one notebook... but also I assign petitions with certain issues to certain people... right now, I have to open a new notebook and copy these notes to that folder and share it with the related person... But this is really totally against the philosophy of evernote... There will be two copies of some notes and it would be hard to discern which one is the most updated one... I am asking simply this: i.e. petitions tagged as A in notebook B should be seen by Mr. X, but Mr. X. should not have access to all the notes in notebook B, which would be very unethical and risky. It might look a little bit complicated but I am sure a solution can be find...

• 2 weeks later...

Merhaba Tolga (Turk musunuz?), I agree that your situation perfectly exemplifies a situation where a shared tagging system is needed.

I also desperately wish for styles in the native client. Thank you for the KustomNote link, Blake! I'll check it out :)

Pyrgus, try out the notebook stack that Blake mentioned! Bee's knees, for sure!

Oh, and sorry for reviving an old thread, but I wanted to throw my hat in the shared tagging system request! I understand from what you said, Blake, that there is a limitation in the system that makes it difficult to implement shared tags. If you don't mind my asking, what is that limitation? I ask because I very much want shared tags and understanding the challenges y'all face will (1) help me appreciate the hard y'all do and (2) help me simmer down!

Archived