(Archived) Email link to Evernote to clip web page?

I've tried sending a link from Safari/ChromeiOS to Evernote to clip the articles, but it just saves the link, not the article. Does anyone know of a way to send a link to something that will then clip and drop the article into my notes?

• Level 5*

Don't think that option exists anywhere yet; if you're unable to clip the page locally, you can at least store the link so you can come back later and clip manually on a desktop.

• Level 5*

I've tried sending a link from Safari/ChromeiOS to Evernote to clip the articles, but it just saves the link, not the article. Does anyone know of a way to send a link to something that will then clip and drop the article into my notes?

Hi. I don't believe there is currently a way to do what you wanted. However, there are several methods available for gathering information from web pages.

(1) In the Safari browser, copy everything on a page, "Mail Link to this Page," put your Evernote account's email address in the recipient field (I have this in my contacts), paste the content of the page below the link, and send. The process doesn't take too much time, but it is admittedly a little more labor intensive than clipping.

(2) For a true web clipping, I recommend using the iCab Mobile browser. It has an Evernote web clipper that works pretty much the same as the desktop versions. It is quick and easy to use.

(3) A cool and little-known alternative is to open a link to Google (or any site) within Evernote. Evernote will open a browser window in the app, and there is a prominent button for clipping any page you come across into your account. This is actually one of the fastest ways to get something, and you never have to leave Evernote to do it!

(4) EverClip is a new third-party integration that is a finalist in this year's Evernote DevCup. I have not tried it yet, but it looks like it may be a great solution as well http://devcup.evernote.com/submissions/8289-everclip

I just recently made a post about this, explaining exactly how to do this in a very convenient way:

basically it takes just a couple of taps to save a webpage from Safari

Archived