(Archived) Bug: Shortcut to specific tag

Colwell Cat

Using the latest version of EN on my Android Tablet, I created a shortcut to all notes with a specific tag. It autotitled with "Notes tagged with ***", which sounded very promising. However when clicking on the shortcut, it brings up All notes - which is less promising.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*

If you have a valid tag "***", and have created a search for that tag, which you then saved as a shortcut, it should work. Or at least it does so in ICS on my samsung S2.

How I was originally doing it - going to the tag itself, in this case, "Meal Plan", and creating shortcut from there. Given how it was autotitling, it implied it would bring up only the "Notes tagged with Meal Plan".

I just tried the workflow you suggested - did a search for notes tagged with Meal Plan, and then created a shortcut for the search -> and again, came up with All Notes...

• Level 5*

Definitely odd.. just tried both methods on a new tag and got to the correct tagged notes immediately. One difference (apart from the hardware and Android version) may be - my notebook is set up for offline searching?

Mine is in the process of becoming one, but it's a big notebook, on a new device. I will see if its behaviour changes once the full download is finished. (I wonder if being mid download would make a difference, now that I think about it?)

It is ICS, but it is also Kogan's slightly dodgy under-$200 16Gb 10", and I have noticed a few instabilities in other parts of the build - so if it is unique to this device? I'm not 100% surprised...

• Level 5*

Ouch - that's just rude (the fail, not your post). One last suggestion then - has your pad been restarted since the download? Clearing memory, forcing Evernote to restart and reload its indexes (indicies?) may resolve the issue. If it still won't, I can only suggest you raise a ticket and see if the Support superbrains can help out. Sorry to be out of inspirations!

I have EN on both a Galaxy Nexus phone and Nexus 7 tablet. Both android 4.1.1 & the EN installations are both 4.1.1(public).

I wish someone would move on from 4.1.1, it's starting to confuse me.

Directly creating a shortcut to a tag works on both, sometimes. Other times I get "All Notes".

Regards,

Gary

Archived