(Archived) Daily "Evernote Closed Unexpectedly" message

spiralflame

Idea

Almost every day my Evernote closes unexpectedly and gives me a message - I send a report to them - but it keeps happening. If I am instructed to take the app off and put it back on, will I loose all my notebooks? Why is this happening and is it happening to others as well? I have a mac air and upgraded to loin OS earlier in the year. Any help would be appreciated! Thanx in advance ~

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Almost every day my Evernote closes unexpectedly and gives me a message - I send a report to them - but it keeps happening. If I am instructed to take the app off and put it back on, will I loose all my notebooks? Why is this happening and is it happening to others as well? I have a mac air and upgraded to loin OS earlier in the year. Any help would be appreciated! Thanx in advance ~

Hi. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I have a Macbook Air and I am running Lion as well, but have had no issues like that. I recommend that you follow through with customer support. They are far better prepared to deal with this kind of stuff than we are here, because they are trained for it, and they have more information at hand. If you follow their directions, you will have no problem with losing your data.

Of course, you should always be backing up (I strongly recommend Time Machine), so even if there is a problem, you can be confident that everything is safe and secure. This goes for all of your data, not just Evernote. I also recommend cloud backup services like Sugarsync, Carbonite, or Dropbox.

Could you post your support ticket number here? This might help other employees who visit this forum in case they want to check on the progress of the case.

• Level 5*

Thank you for your suggestion - I submitted a ticket this morning as you suggested - the ticket # is Ticket #16051-128154 -

Glad to help! It is the weekend, so you might not get an answer until Monday. Please keep us updated.

Ticket #16051-128154 Still NO reply from them - they did ask the following and I did it: We will be happy to assist you.

In the finder, open the "Library" folder in your home directory. (This is in the directory with your name under "Users" , NOT under "Library" at the top level of your hard drive.) (Note: On MacOS 10.7 Lion, Click on "Go" and then Hold "Option". This allows you to select the hidden "Library" folder).

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Evernote/logs/ and send us all files located there.

Thank you.

I keep having the problem and just wrote to them today - how long does it take to fix this? Am i the only one who is having this problem?? It is very frustrating....

• Level 5*

I'd say it is very unlikely that they will release an update to fix just your issue, I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem and so they may be finding it difficult to reproduce.

If you haven't deleted the app and reinstalled it then I'd recommend that you do so - respond to the ticket and ask them for instructions on how to do so.

Archived