Been really frustrated for a month. Keep getting a note upload failed even with a good speed wifi on my Android.

It happens only with photos which I import from CamScanner. Even a single image its unable to upload.

Initially I thought it was due to slow connection. Later I checked with dropbox, I would get it uploaded immediately.

Then I would import the photos on Desktop client which would also easily upload the note.

Submitted a ticket but have got a really useless response.

Uninstall - Reboot - Reinstall latest version.

Am not going to go through this hassle again since I had just recently done that a week or more ago (just a few days before the latest final public release).

I think Evernote for Android uses a different server and maybe they cap the sync speed. Downloading my notebooks for offline takes ages! And uploading images fails all the time.

Anyways I wanted to know how many of you experiencing this same problem of syncing? And maybe get a more helpful response from the devs.

• Level 5*

I'm also an Android and CamScanner user and I haven't seen any problems up to and including the latest beta versions. I sympathise with the frustration - sometimes it seems like my tech is actively working against me rather than for me. And I speak as someone who seems to have lost 100GB of storage space somewhere recently..

Anyhoo - I used to be a tech support gnome, so I'm familiar with the "let's go through all the steps, starting with the simplest" process, and to be fair it works most of the time. If you go with random checks on different systems, you can bet it will be the simplest fault that you try last, that will turn out to be the cuplrit. Your phone experience seems to be different from mine, so to find out why you may need to take a deep breath and start again..

Having said all of which: exactly how are you getting the CamScanner pics into Evernote? What menus do you go to. And are they transferred as JPG / PNG / PDF files?

Gazumped's right, if support provides you a step that you've already tried, then let them know and they'll move you on up the next step till we can identify and triangulate the specific issue. I'll flag, regardless.

Just replied to the first response from support. Hoping to get a better solution this time.

Having said all of which: exactly how are you getting the CamScanner pics into Evernote? What menus do you go to. And are they transferred as JPG / PNG / PDF files?

You can do it two ways:

1.You can open the particular page in CamScanner and press the share button> Evernote-Create note

It'll upload as a jpg. Using this you can only upload one at a time.

2.For this I enabled the option "Save image to gallery" in CamScanner options. That way a folder named "images". I can then use my gallery viewer (I use QuickPic) and select the files I want and upload it. Only thing is the images are not arranged according to the documents. I usually upload it immediately so the ones I want will usually be at the bottom (if sorted according to date)

• Level 5*

Your version of CS seems to behave differently from mine. I have the free version 1.4.2.20120625. Not sure how much pre-setting-up was involved, but when I click the camera icon in the menu bar I'm taken to a new "document" which is a CS container for the picture(s) I'm about to take.

I can take as many as I need for that individual paper file. Each time I add a new picture I get to fine-tune the cropping and exposure before it is added to the document.

Once I'm finished, I use the 'share' button and select 'Evernote-create note' to have the pictures converted to one PDF file and uploaded. I think I have the chance within CamScanner to move pictures around and label them, but haven't felt the need so far.

If I need to create a JPG picture-note I just use the Evernote widget.

Just for belt and braces protection I've got a tweak for DropBox which uploads a copy of every picture taken.

All of the above works reasonably seamlessly for me, allowing for fat finger and shaky hand problems...

• 4 months later...

Been really frustrated for a month. Keep getting a note upload failed even with a good speed wifi on my Android.

It happens only with photos which I import from CamScanner. Even a single image its unable to upload.

Initially I thought it was due to slow connection. Later I checked with dropbox, I would get it uploaded immediately.

Then I would import the photos on Desktop client which would also easily upload the note.

Submitted a ticket but have got a really useless response.

Uninstall - Reboot - Reinstall latest version.

Am not going to go through this hassle again since I had just recently done that a week or more ago (just a few days before the latest final public release).

I think Evernote for Android uses a different server and maybe they cap the sync speed. Downloading my notebooks for offline takes ages! And uploading images fails all the time.

Anyways I wanted to know how many of you experiencing this same problem of syncing? And maybe get a more helpful response from the devs.

I have the exact same problem..Do you have any suggestions on solving it? Re-installing will mean the failed notes will disappear. Having a headache now - i have failed notes at my andriod phone and tablet :(

• Level 5*

You could export your failed notes / all your notes before reinstalling to ensure no data is lost - this is usually the recommended procedure. However - have you covered all the obvious simple explanations? How big is your note? Does the title include any illegal characters? Have you exceeded your upload limit? Have you tried uploading the picture directly from CamScanner? Have other more recent notes uploaded correctly?

If you've done the basics I'd recommend a call to Support for more help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gazumped, thank you for your reply :)

My note is not too big (only one image) and it doesnt exceed the upload (as I am also on premium, its quite hard to exceed).

Might sound ditzy but I thought we can only upload as PDF directly from camscanner? I wanted to upload as .jpg so I did what Gavinch did:

2.For this I enabled the option "Save image to gallery" in CamScanner options. That way a folder named "images". I can then use my gallery viewer (I use QuickPic) and select the files I want and upload it. Only thing is the images are not arranged according to the documents. I usually upload it immediately so the ones I want will usually be at the bottom (if sorted according to date)

Looks ilke I will have to contact support!

• Level 5*

I'm think I have used CamScanner to generate a JPG file and then share it directly with Evernote, but I don't know that it still will do that. Sharing from the Gallery should work even better. Oh well - let us know how you get on with support, and what the resolution eventually turns out to be! Good luck..

It is not just the cam scanner images but any images (screenshots, photos, downloaded pics) that are tough to be upload from Android. I've raised and let go tickets just to get over with their frustrating responses. Once they promised some gifts too (later forgotten). I'm a premium user and love Evernote but i hate how it fails to upload images.

My workaround is to mail the pics to Evernote.

• 1 year later...

CamScanner is not uploading to Evernote.  I've tried several times.  I have been able to send to Evernote by emailing the file.  Very disappointing, because I don't have the time to spend 15 minute scanning and checking on a receipt that was sent to Evernote.

• Level 5*

I'm still using CamScanner without any glitches - ever - that I'm aware of.  The app works separately from Evernote so when you scan,  the content will be saved to your mobile device.  It's convenient to PDF it to Evernote,  but that's not the only route - you could move those files to DropBox,  email them or 'share' to Evernote.

If I did have problems like this I'd

• reinstall CamScanner
  • Try various ways to get content to Evernote including email
  • report problems to CS and to Evernote (see below)
  • continue using a belt-and-braces approach if necessary - send material to Evernote but keep it on the phone and dump the files into DropBox regularly in case something goes missing.

I'm still using CamScanner without any glitches - ever - that I'm aware of.  The app works separately from Evernote so when you scan,  the content will be saved to your mobile device.  It's convenient to PDF it to Evernote,  but that's not the only route - you could move those files to DropBox,  email them or 'share' to Evernote.

If I did have problems like this I'd

• reinstall CamScanner
  • Try various ways to get content to Evernote including email
  • report problems to CS and to Evernote (see below)
  • continue using a belt-and-braces approach if necessary - send material to Evernote but keep it on the phone and dump the files into DropBox regularly in case something goes missing.

The image sent from CS directly to Evernote eventually showed up, but it took a really long time.  In the meantime, I'd sent it by email (which is not as convenient).  I now have several copies of the same item in Evernote.  I have been using the belt-and-suspenders approach, but the point of Evernote is that saving materials using one's smartphone is supposed to quick and effortless and it isn't.

In addition, Evernote constantly freezes.  A couple of months ago,  I couldn't use the Windows version for about a month because there was a bug.  The Tech people even wouldn't do me the courtesy of notifying me when it was taken care of.  I had to go on and see if Evernote got hung up.  Eventually, they got around to fixing it.  I've asked for an extra month on my subscription, but still have not heard back.

Archived