(Archived) Anyone working on Skins for Evernote?

KWL

Idea

Anyone working on providing the means to build customized Views or UI organizations in Evernote?

That is, the ability to redesign the UI presented to users and offer it as a Skin to be installed? The default organization of the UI is very good but it could use some changes geared to specific tasks or goals versus the one design fits all. List, Snippet and Cards are a good start but there are many more ways users would want to organize their notes and allowing this to be a community driven effort would provide a great way for users to participate and provide UIs that aren't even imagined yet.

By providing the means to reorganize the UI by third-party developers it would open up the ways the UI is organized for various users and their goals unimagined by current developers or designers.

Thanks,

KWL

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Anyone working on providing the means to build customized Views or UI organizations in Evernote?

That is, the ability to redesign the UI presented to users and offer it as a Skin to be installed? The default organization of the UI is very good but it could use some changes geared to specific tasks or goals versus the one design fits all. List, Snippet and Cards are a good start but there are many more ways users would want to organize their notes and allowing this to be a community driven effort would provide a great way for users to participate and provide UIs that aren't even imagined yet.

By providing the means to reorganize the UI by third-party developers it would open up the ways the UI is organized for various users and their goals unimagined by current developers or designers.

Thanks,

KWL

Hi. I am still familiarizing myself with the API, but so far I see no reason why someone couldn't build an entirely different UI. I suspect that Ever note's developers have put so much work into the current ones that it would be difficult for someone to do better with it, but you never know. For targeted alternative views, see something like Desk in the Clouds. http://www.deskintheclouds.com

Archived