(Archived) Homescreen widget showing notes by update date, not entry date

Geese1

I'm having some trouble I hope someone can help me with. For the homescreen widget, I noticed it defaults to showing the most recent updated notes, which is not what I want. I want it to show the notes in order of creation date. I can easily change this up on the website, the Windows program, and within the app itself, but I can't seem to find a way to change the settings for the widget.

Is there a way to change this around or am I stuck with seeing the most recent updated notes on the homescreen?

• Level 5*

I'm having some trouble I hope someone can help me with. For the homescreen widget, I noticed it defaults to showing the most recent updated notes, which is not what I want. I want it to show the notes in order of creation date. I can easily change this up on the website, the Windows program, and within the app itself, but I can't seem to find a way to change the settings for the widget.

Is there a way to change this around or am I stuck with seeing the most recent updated notes on the homescreen?

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums!

My version of the widget (beta) has a gear icon in the upper right-hand corener, and clicking on this gives me the option to change the sort order for the widget.

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums!

My version of the widget (beta) has a gear icon in the upper right-hand corener, and clicking on this gives me the option to change the sort order for the widget.

I have the gear icon as well, but it does not give me the option to change the sort order for the widget. I can change the "bar style", "note style", "bar buttons", and "note list". The last allows me to choose which notebook to display, as well as a few other options, but still no option to change the sort order of the notes showing on the widget. Note, this last option also allows you to view by "last update", but this is not what I want.

Maybe it's because you're using a beta version?

• Level 5*

Is there a little triangular icon at the end of the line with "last update"? If so,press it and you should see sort order choices. If there is no icon, then it could be because I'm using the beta. You might want to consider downloading it if you don't have the options.

Is there a little triangular icon at the end of the line with "last update"? If so,press it and you should see sort order choices. If there is no icon, then it could be because I'm using the beta. You might want to consider downloading it if you don't have the options.

Yeah, I don't have that option, so it's probably because you're using the beta.

Any idea where to get it? Is it available on site here, or will I need to search through Google to find it?

Here is a link. I think this is what I have, but I don't have my Android device with me at the moment to check.

http://discussion.ev...roid-41-beta-5/

Thanks, but that one doesn't appear to have any changes from the one I've been using.

Just a thought, but are you using this on a tablet or a phone? I noticed that there are a lot more changes in that beta changelog for the tablet versions as opposed to those on phones (I'm using this on a phone, btw).

• Level 5*

Here is a link. I think this is what I have, but I don't have my Android device with me at the moment to check.

http://discussion.ev...roid-41-beta-5/

Thanks, but that one doesn't appear to have any changes from the one I've been using.

Just a thought, but are you using this on a tablet or a phone? I noticed that there are a lot more changes in that beta changelog for the tablet versions as opposed to those on phones (I'm using this on a phone, btw).

I'm on a tablet. I should have thought of that earlier. I don't have my phone with me today, but I'll check it later. I suspect you are correct, and this is a difference between the phone and tablet versions.

I'm on a tablet. I should have thought of that earlier. I don't have my phone with me today, but I'll check it later. I suspect you are correct, and this is a difference between the phone and tablet versions.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

If this does end up being the case, I think it's a pretty big oversight on the developer's part and I hope it gets corrected before the new update gets released to the mass public.

Archived