(Archived) PDF viewing on iPhone

I'm migrating a load of content from OneNote to Evernote. A lot of my OneNote notes contain PDFs, either as embedded objects or as expanded documents. I'd like some way of doing this in Evernote so that the PDFs are readable on the iPhone. Any suggestions?

I can live with having the PDFs as separate notes rather than beings included as just part of a note, but even that doesn't seem to work currently. If I drop a PDF file onto the Windows Evernote I get a separate note that opens in a PDF viewer, but when that syncs and I view it through the iPhone I just get a note with a PDF icon.

Thanks,

Steve.

Never mind. I was just being impatient. The PDF file does display on the iPhone. I hadn't noticed I had just a GPRS connection at the time, so the data took a lot longer than expected to download. After I left it for a while, there was the PDF.

Steve (wondering where he 3G went, all of a sudden).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same difficulty. My notebook is mainly made of of pdf's created using Evernote's wonderful "Print PDF to Evernote" feature, but in my new iPhone (connected via WiFi) - all I get are tiny pdf icons - no files. Is this because I have a free account?

• 3 weeks later...

It'd be great if the PDFs rotated when you rotate the iPhone. I find my PDFs are unreadable in the vertical orientation and, if I zoom in, the lines extend off the edge of the screen and I have to constantly shuffle the page horizontally.

I have found in e-mailing pdf's (which I LOVE) from Evernote to a friend with iPhone, they can't see the pdf on the iphone mail app, but they can see the pdf clearly on the laptop.

I also had trouble seeing where to download the attached file when receiving from Evernote to my G-Mail.

Seems to be a formatting thing...

It'd be great if the PDFs rotated when you rotate the iPhone. I find my PDFs are unreadable in the vertical orientation and, if I zoom in, the lines extend off the edge of the screen and I have to constantly shuffle the page horizontally.

Agreed. This would be great!

Archived