Edit Notes from Evernote in Penultimate

kyengineer

I would like to be able to edit a note from Evernote in Penultimate on an IPAD and keep the Evernote formatting for tables, indents etc.

An example would be

• Create a meeting agenda in Evernote on a PC.
  • Sync the PC with my IPad.
  • Import the note into Penultimate.
  • Use a pen/stylist to take notes on the agenda. Presently this is done on a paper copy.
  • Export not back to Evernote with the markups. While saving the text and formatting from the original notes.

This can be done using PDF files in Adobe, Nitro and Foxit using the mouse.

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I like this idea you have suggested for Penultimate. Let's hope something like this can be done!

Currently, the workaround I use is to take my Evernote note, copy it, paste it into a handwriting program, take my handwritten notes on it, and then send the completed note back into Evernote as a PDF. This leaves me with one original copy and one annotated one. Your suggestion would streamline this process. However, I do wonder what would happen when you mix handwriting and your notes. You might still want to edit the text, right? Maybe the Penultimate version could get appended to the bottom of the original note.

• Level 5*

The workaround sounds like a good idea. A computer enthusiast will be able to use a work around, but other will have trouble.

I notice your Evernote name is

不機嫌な猿. Are you in Japan?

Thanks. The workaround seems easy enough to me (copy and paste only), but it certainly isn't as straightforward as your suggestion, which would be as simple as opening a note.

I'm not in Japan at the moment, but good job recognizing the Japanese!

• Level 5*

R�ally good idea... I approve!

But i try the workaround and i cannot paste the text in penultimate.

Yvan.

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

I am using GoodNotes for my notetaking now. You might want to try it (there is a free version). Unfortunately, Penultimate lacks a zoom feature and text, so it doesn't fit my workflow. I think we are all looking forward to the next update :)

• 1 year later...

I am Evernote-centric, so my method is to save a page from a Penultimate notebook to my Camera Roll, then create a note in Evernote and attached the previously saved page to it as an image. Of course the image will be static, it won't change when you change the page in Penultimate, but you can change the page in Penultimate, save it again to the Camera Roll and change the image in the Evernote note with this newly changed image.

I really wish Evernote would kill Penultimate and integrate it into Evernote.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a journal of hand written notes, over 100 pages i don't want to lose.

I would like to scan the pages and import them into Penultimate.

That would allow me to convert to Penultimate starting with page 101 and give me a continuous journal.

Since hand writing is an image, and not a text file, has Penultimate provided for any import function?

I guess i can scan them into one PDF and begin my Penultimate content thereafter, but since they are all images, why not bring them together in one Notebook?

Thoughts?

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am brand new to Penultimate. The first thing I wanted to do was upload a PDF file from my MAC into Penultimate so I could make notes on top of it and mark it up. Then I wanted to email it to my associate. 

I created a note in EN on the MAC in the notebook I had already set up for this project.

I uploaded the PDF file into the note.

I notice 2 things (or maybe I have just not learned them yet)

- I can't use PenU on my MAC (obviously I can't  write on my screen)

-I can't upload an existing note from EN to PenU

It looks like the communication between PenU and EN is one way. The only solution I can think of is to SCreen snap the PDF with Skitch, send it to iPhoto, move the images to photo stream, and then import it as a photo in to my note on PenU. 

I'm thinking that I will now have 2 notebooks on the same topic?   I'm creative and this just seems bulky.  what am I missing?

Is there no way to access and upload existing EN notes from PenU on my iPad, edit and then have them saved back to the same notebook, or appended to the original EN note?

Thanks for any help,

Vicki

Archived