(Archived) Discussion Account Separate from Notes Account?

Is the Forum account separate from the Evernote account proper? I ask because when I reset Forum password, the website logs me into my Evernote notes account.

I also have a strange email address for the forum of 'dupe_email_1342885503@community.gameslam.com'. I cannot seem to change this!

• Level 5*

Is the Forum account separate from the Evernote account proper? I ask because when I reset Forum password, the website logs me into my Evernote notes account.

I also have a strange email address for the forum of 'dupe_email_1342885503@community.gameslam.com'. I cannot seem to change this!

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums. In order to join the forum, you have to login with your Evernote account information, so your account and forum identity are tied together (obviously, no one but you and the Evernote administrative overlords have this information). This strange email address ought to be yours. By strange, do you mean that you supplied a strange address when setting up your Evernote account, or that this was generated for you? I assume the former. If you want to change it, go to Evernote.com, login (top right corner), and go to your settings (top right corner). I hope this answers your question.

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums. In order to join the forum, you have to login with your Evernote account information, so your account and forum identity are tied together (obviously, no one but you and the Evernote administrative overlords have this information). This strange email address ought to be yours. By strange, do you mean that you supplied a strange address when setting up your Evernote account, or that this was generated for you? I assume the former. If you want to change it, go to Evernote.com, login (top right corner), and go to your settings (top right corner). I hope this answers your question.

I cannot change the address because it tells me I have the wrong password though I use the one I login onto the Evernote proper for. I submitted a support ticket.

IIRC at one time the Forum and Evernote proper were seperate accounts but could be wrong.

TIA

• Level 5*

I cannot change the address because it tells me I have the wrong password though I use the one I login onto the Evernote proper for. I submitted a support ticket.

IIRC at one time the Forum and Evernote proper were seperate accounts but could be wrong.

TIA

Hi. They were separate at one point, but we migrated to this forum, and then your forum identity got tied to your Evernote account. If you post your support ticket number, that might help any Evernote staff who come across this thread to follow the issue internally. Keep us updated!

Archived