(Archived) Upgraded to 3.1.2 - notes doubled, allowance maxed

Samantha M

Idea

I recently upgraded to Evernote 3.1.2 via the Mac App Store and when I went to sync my newest web clip it doubled all of my notes and folders and maxed out my allowance! Is there something I did wrong or any way to revert this? If I delete the duplicated notes, will the originals stay intact?

Thanks in advance for any help or information!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I recently upgraded to Evernote 3.1.2 via the Mac App Store and when I went to sync my newest web clip it doubled all of my notes and folders and maxed out my allowance! Is there something I did wrong or any way to revert this? If I delete the duplicated notes, will the originals stay intact?

Thanks in advance for any help or information!

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

I am unfamiliar with this problem, and haven't seen it before myself. The best thing to do would be to contact customer support (see my link below). After you get your ticket number, you might want to post it here in this thread so that any employees who view the thread can flag it internally, and also it would be great if you could post the resolution as well.

If you have not synced, then I would turn off syncing now. You should be able to go to the Web and see that your allowance for this month has not been impacted. In this case, deleting the doppleganger notes would be good, but only after talking with customer service to make sure you are backed up and it is safe.

If you have synced, then deleting them will do no good in terms of the space in your account. Evernote calculates amount uploaded, not space occupied. I think customer support will get this sorted out and give you some extra space to make up for what you lost if you have already synced.

Archived