(Archived) Backing up notes

I almost list all my stuff due to some computer problems, luckily I had a computer that was not synced and managed to disconnect from the internet to sort out the problem.

So basicly I want to be able to back up my notes somehow, just an export facility would be fine. On mac the cache files are not backed up so none of the notes are saved on time machine.

On the Mac, the note file are stored in /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/Evernote. This directory is backed up by Time Machine (at least as of OS X 10.5.5 which I just used to confirm).

If you'd like to have an extra level of backup through exporting, you can use the File->Export menu command to export selected notes. Exporting is also controllable via AppleScript if you'd like to automate the process.

I should add that the files the Mac client stores in /Users/XXX/Library/Caches/Metadata/com.evernote.Evernote are just used for Spotlight indexing and are not backed up. If this data is missing it is regenerated when the client launches.

Archived