(Archived) Data loss in note

Martinez

Hi all,

I'm using Evernote 4.5.7.7146 (258477) and I've noticed data loss in notes. I've encountered this problem previously but I couldn't confirm it in my memory how it happened. Now I have a case which I'm certain. I've put local wifi temporary credentials into the note. Then I've used them next day no problem from the same computer. But the day after the credentials were gone. My Evernote is synchronised between two laptops and one Android device.

I guess I don't have to stress how this kind of unreliability undermines usibility of such application.

Best regards,

Martinez

• Level 5*

Hi all,

I'm using Evernote 4.5.7.7146 (258477) and I've noticed data loss in notes. I've encountered this problem previously but I couldn't confirm it in my memory how it happened. Now I have a case which I'm certain. I've put local wifi temporary credentials into the note. Then I've used them next day no problem from the same computer. But the day after the credentials were gone. My Evernote is synchronised between two laptops and one Android device.

I guess I don't have to stress how this kind of unreliability undermines usibility of such application.

Best regards,

Martinez

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums!

In several years of using Evernote, I haven't experienced anything like this, so it does sound like something you'll want to have Evernote staff investigate with a support ticket (see the link in my signature below). If you wouldn't mind posting the ticket number and results of your case, that would be a great help as well. I'd be interested in knowing more about the details. Evernote staff take data loss concerns very seriously.

• 3 months later...

I have lost data on a number of occasions. I believe these past events were the result of having the same note open on two different computer clients at the same time. I wrote to evernote support (I am not a premium subscriber) and after initially not acknowledging the problem, they helped me recover my information and recommended not using multiple clients on the same account simultaneously (though it doesn't seem like that complex a problem to handle). I use evernote as my lab notebook. It has been incredibly helpful and convenient, but I can't tolerate data loss.

Very recently, since being prompted to upgrade my clients in the last week to version 4.5.10, I have experienced problems - the most recent one is a massive issue. I am missing five days worth of data. The last update is from 10/24/12, it is now 10/29/12. I am also missing notes entirely that were created before 10/24/12.

Massive problems and if they can't fix them quickly - I'm done with them. I'm not sure how they think their users will interpret the "EVER" part of the product name, but I expect it to indicate that my data is secure.

• 4 weeks later...

I just encountered another loss of data. I appended something to the note on my Anroid device when offline. Now I wanted to synchronize. But instead new data to be propagated the old version of the note overwritten the new one resulting in data loss.

recommended not using multiple clients on the same account simultaneously

Well then they admit that the major feature of their software is flawed and they distribute software with broken features enabled fully aware that they are exposing their customers to data loss. Very unproffesional.

Massive problems and if they can't fix them quickly - I'm done with them. I'm not sure how they think their users will interpret the "EVER" part of the product name, but I expect it to indicate that my data is secure.

Ditto.

Archived