(Archived) search view parameters

ronbailey

Idea

It seems that in earlier versions of Evernote the search parameters entered into the search box were displayed under the customised toolbar. If was a great way of checking if the search was actually doing what i wanted it to do. I have checked all the available views and toolbar options and do not seem able to get the search views parameters in 3.1.2

It is such a vital check that I cannot believe it has beed dropped in the later versions.

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks

Ron Bailey

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It is such a vital check that I cannot believe it has beed dropped in the later versions.

Neither can the rest of us Mac users. We have complained long and hard, but our complaints seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

The Search Explanation bar is still shown in EN Win.

No one seems to know why it was removed from EN Mac, or why they won't put it back.

On top of this, there are a number of bugs and inconsistencies in the Search engine. Without the Search Explanation bar, we can really tell how the Search engine is interpreting our Search Express.

• Level 5*

It seems that in earlier versions of Evernote the search parameters entered into the search box were displayed under the customised toolbar. If was a great way of checking if the search was actually doing what i wanted it to do. I have checked all the available views and toolbar options and do not seem able to get the search views parameters in 3.1.2

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks

Ron Bailey

I could be wrong about this, but until February or so, Snow Leopard users could still see the search explanations. I seem to remember losing it when I upgraded to Lion. So, if it is a viable option for you, you might want to consider using Snow Leopard. Or, of course, there is the Windows version (you can run it virtually on the Mac). On this topic, I'll also give a shout-out to the developer(s) who gave us the ability to view and edit saved searches -- these became quite mysterious for a while after the loss of the explanations :) And, this leads to a workaround: do a search and save it if you want to see how things are being filtered.

• Level 5*

We are listening :)

Thanks for the acknowledgement Jack.

Now that we know you have heard us, can you share with us whether or not restoring the Search Explanation Bar on EN Mac is under consideration?

• Level 5

We are always considering ways to improve our search.

I know that's not the exact answer you were looking for, but I hope that in our future releases, we will begin satisfy your searching woes.

Archived