[Resolved] Evernote and Expensify Doesn't Work

TasmanRay

Evernote is a terrific product but the partnership with Expensify needs to be examined. Product doesn't work as represented and they do not respond to any support requests. I would not tarnish Evernote's great image by continuing with the partnership.

Can you give us some additional information about what is not working with the integration?

I've found the biggest hurdle I had starting out with it (been using it almost a year now) was that I needed to go into Settings --> Connections and hit "Resync" to ensure that my Expensify notebook in Evernote was synced correctly.

Other than that, I also had to get my workflow correct--Expensify generates individual expenses from imported files--and I kept trying to attach imported files to expenses generated by credit card, and finding the imported files weren't available for attachment. That's because Expensify had already attached them to a new expense line, which removes a step for me (awesome) but unless you're aware that it's doing this, you wonder where your attachments are going. Once I had that figured out, expense reports were a piece of cake.

Thanks for the prompt response. I've relinked and resynced more than once and the docs in the "Expensify" folder of Evernote never show up in Expensify. It would be a useful tool for me but not if I can't get it to work. They also don't respond to email support requests. I've been waiting over a month for a reply to my query on this subject.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks for the prompt response. I've relinked and resynced more than once and the docs in the "Expensify" folder of Evernote never show up in Expensify. It would be a useful tool for me but not if I can't get it to work. They also don't respond to email support requests. I've been waiting over a month for a reply to my query on this subject.

Regards,

Ray

My first inclination is that they're there, but buried within whatever other expenses you're syncing, if you've connected anything like credit cards to the account. It usually takes me a minute to hunt down the automatically created expense lines. If not, then you may be running into a bug. Will see what I can dig up.

Hi Ray - My name is Jason and I work at Expensify. We're typically very responsive to customer requests - we try to respond within 24 hours - so I'm very sorry if this wasn't the case for you. Let's make sure this issue is resolved for you. Perhaps I could look into your Expensify account, and troubleshoot what might be happening? We want to make sure the Evernote-Expensify connection works flawlessly for you! jason@expensify.com

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I'd be happy to troubleshoot this with you. Do you need to be online with me? If so, please let me know a time tomorrow morning CDT that I may call you and the number to reach you on. For your information, I have only put 1 item in the Expensify folder in Evernote and have not done anything else with Expensify except try to get that receipt into Expensify.

Kind regards,

Ray

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I'm having the same problem.

I'm having the same problem, its all very well to say 'go to settings, and connect evernote' I've done than and the expensify notebook is still empty. Not impressed.

Have either of you opened a support request, or tried to contact Expensify?

Archived