(Archived) Formatting Suggestions

I've only just started using Evernote, but one thing I feel is lacking is formatting customization. Specifically, what I was hoping to do was if I have a note with check boxes, if I check the box I'd like the text next to it to become formatted with strikethrough text.

Secondly, I wish there was a way to change the formatting of note titles. That or create categories that you can assign the notes to. If this can already be done, I'd like to see an option to change the way notes are sorted and have a clear visual separation between the categories. Colored text or something.

• Level 5*

I've only just started using Evernote, but one thing I feel is lacking is formatting customization. Specifically, what I was hoping to do was if I have a note with check boxes, if I check the box I'd like the text next to it to become formatted with strikethrough text.

Secondly, I wish there was a way to change the formatting of note titles. That or create categories that you can assign the notes to. If this can already be done, I'd like to see an option to change the way notes are sorted and have a clear visual separation between the categories. Colored text or something.

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for sharing the suggestions with everyone :)

Evernote seems to be accruing formatting features over time, but my guess would be that something like an automatic strikethrough (however cool) might not be high on the list. Still, you have come to the right place for suggesting it, and you never know what will come next.

As for color coding and title formatting, that is also something that comes up every once in a while. I don't know what Evernote's thoughts are in this regard. Again, this is the place to suggest the ideas!

You can change how notes are sorted, but your options vary a little depending on your client (Windows, Mac, iOS?). There won't be colors, but there are several possibilities. If you want colors, I think I remember a third-party app that gave you that option, but I haven't used it. Perhaps another user can chime in with a suggestion. I've taken advantage of the Snippet view to add some color coding to my account. Take a look at these templates to get an idea. This might be an easy workaround for you.

http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/template.html

Archived