(Archived) HELP: Is there a way to set a Copy Note Link hotkey?

csalvato

Idea

5 replies to this idea

Can be done. Go to System Preferences. Select Keyboard. Choose Keyboard Shortcuts and then Application Shortcuts. Hit the plus button. Choose Evernote as the application, Copy Note Link as the Menu Title and enter your preferred shortcut, preferably one not in use by the system. That copies the link; Command - v will then paste it wherever you wish. Let me know if that works or if you need further details.

regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the tip. I never set application specific hotkeys outside of an application itself. This certainly opens up many possibilities for me, even outside of Evernote!

For anyone else who is curious, I made my Copy Note Link hotkey activate with Command+Alt+C. Doesn't seem to cause a conflict.

Brilliant! Thanks!

Chris

On a related note, is there anyway to stop this message from popping up?

This is the pop up I get every time I try to paste a link to another note:

Note link warning

You are pasting a note link into a shared notebook from a different notebook. Viewers of the shared notebook will not be able to access the note associated with this link.

- ya sure, it is good to know this. But please stop reminding me every time I post a link in a note. I use this for lab work and need to link to protocols all the time. It gets very annoying having this pop up every ten seconds

post-94330-0-74551800-1337965840_thumb.p

Can be done. Go to System Preferences. Select Keyboard. Choose Keyboard Shortcuts and then Application Shortcuts. Hit the plus button. Choose Evernote as the application, Copy Note Link as the Menu Title and enter your preferred shortcut, preferably one not in use by the system. That copies the link; Command - v will then paste it wherever you wish. Let me know if that works or if you need further details.

regards,

Mark

I've tried this but it isn't working. I've tried closing evernote and reopening, still no luck. The shortcut is set in "Application Shortcuts" but it doesn't appear next to the "Copy Note Link" item in the "Note" menu of evernote. It works for other applications I just can't get it working for evernote. 

Archived